Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pre selection

+35
grazia
MartaJovana
Gbon0015
Ardi
RetkoN
GiannaS
MiXo
Oli
Marketa
Ivyspirit
nikolina.m
natolin
MissQuin
HearSay
psun
Merinz
Petran
Petroselinum
angepsi
katiebvb
dawn1
krumours
V88
malkoshius
a.cross
lucia_roman
ARC86
etoilefilante
europe4all
chez
D.A.G
strengara
pinhead
angelapia
dinella
39 posters
Go down
Ardi

pre selection - Page 3 Empty Re: pre selection

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:57 pm
Hi everyone,

I was also pre-selected for the translation traineeship and sent in my documents. I'm Italian and it's my first time applying, btw. Good luck to all and fingers crossed Smile
Gbon0015

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:47 pm
Hi everyone,

I too was pre-selected for the translation traineeship. Did you get any confirmation e-mail after sending in your documents? Cause I got nothing and I don't know if I should be worried or not :S

Good luck to everyone!
HearSay

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:27 pm
Gbon0015 wrote:Hi everyone,

I too was pre-selected for the translation traineeship. Did you get any confirmation e-mail after sending in your documents? Cause I got nothing and I don't know if I should be worried or not :S

Good luck to everyone!

I didn't get any confirmation but there's no reason to worry! If you didn't get any error or delivery failure messages, everything should be just fine, they have your documents.

Good luck!
MartaJovana

Fri May 02, 2014 2:19 pm
The preselection results are on!
MissQuin
MissQuin

Fri May 02, 2014 2:20 pm
Yaaay officially pre-selected now! I kind of expected this message next week instead of now, I am so not prepared to lobby pff  bounce 
strengara

Fri May 02, 2014 2:53 pm
Unfortunately for me the e-mail I received says I am not on the pre-selected list. It seems I was one point short as it was expected 40 points.
Till the next time!
Good luck for you all!
nikolina.m

Fri May 02, 2014 2:58 pm
I am also pre-selected, just received an e-amil Very Happy
dinella

Fri May 02, 2014 3:10 pm
soo happyyyy¡¡¡¡ lets move to the next topic¡¡¡¡ lobbying =)))))
grazia

Fri May 02, 2014 3:22 pm
Will you also send email (to lobby) to the generic address they provided or only to the heads of unit? thanks!!
nikolina.m

Fri May 02, 2014 3:24 pm
grazia wrote:Will you also send email (to lobby) to the generic address they provided or only to the heads of unit? thanks!!

I was thinking about sending them to generic addresses...Others, what do you think?
dinella

Fri May 02, 2014 3:41 pm
generic one =)
galang

Fri May 02, 2014 3:42 pm
Congratulations to all who have been pre-selected, best of luck for the future for those who have not! I belong in the second category as I missed the threshold by two points. Could anyone give me some more information, is that by a little or by a lot? Thanks!
Lidohan

Fri May 02, 2014 5:31 pm
I was thinking about sending email directly to the heads of units because that is what everyone told me to do but I am not so sure about it. They do not have email available on my preferred DGs and they say that you need permission of the person before sending them email. I wonder, will they be pissed off when I email them anyways or it might help.... I guess that I will have to do with the generic address but then I cannot send it to several units inside one DG Sad
MartaPL

Sat May 03, 2014 1:02 am
Hey guys!

I have kind of the same problem....
How do you find e-mail contacts to the Heads of Units??

and congratulations to all preselected!
dinella

Sat May 03, 2014 7:24 am
So basically what I have read in the other posts (and what I actually did) was to search for the unit I was interested in and then search for the name of the heads of unit... All the email addresses are in the same format as follows: firstname.surname@ec.europa.eu.. If you are not pretty sure you can still google this address.. I sent quite a few and just had one reply...
Lidohan

Sat May 03, 2014 9:27 am
Reply during weekend? I would not expect that, what was it about dinella?
lucia_roman

Sat May 03, 2014 11:02 am
Lidohan wrote:I was thinking about sending email directly to the heads of units because that is what everyone told me to do but I am not so sure about it. They do not have email available on my preferred DGs and they say that you need permission of the person before sending them email. I wonder, will they be pissed off when I email them anyways or it might help.... I guess that I will have to do with the generic address but then I cannot send it to several units inside one DG Sad

You need the permission to circulate the emails (like when you write to several ppl and you can see everybody's adresses, which some do not like, that is true), not to write to them.
In the worst case scenario, they will just ignore your email, but they will not be upset. Everybody I know lobbied directly to the HoU.
MartaPL

Sat May 03, 2014 4:36 pm
Thank you Dinella!

One more question...Are you sending e-mails with attached application form?
lucia_roman

Sat May 03, 2014 4:48 pm
I would suggest attaching a 1, max 2 page CV; the application form is too looooong and they already have access to the info from the Blue Book
dinella

Sat May 03, 2014 6:19 pm
@lidohan well, it wasn't during the weekend, I sent the mail yesterday (when we received the confirmation) and I had just one reply from devco which basically told me the same as the general mail replied (automatically) that the selection process will start on the 5th and that they will forward my email to the respective units for consider my application... This was the only unit that replied to me and I think it was ok... They didn't sound upset or anything else I think they are used to the lobby
dinella

Sat May 03, 2014 6:23 pm
@martapl I believe that @lucia_roman is right , I just send a shorter version of my cv (2 pages) not the application form since they already have it in the blue book..
veronika

Tue May 27, 2014 11:50 am
Hello Everybody,

I am just wondering about the pre-selection procedure. I've applied for a traineeship for the October 2014 session, but I got only a few points, therefore I was not selected unfortunately.

Could anyone help me out with some ideas about the given points? For what do we get high scores and what could I do to get into the next session in March?

I am learning International Studies in English, learning French and Russian languages, working as a project coordinator dealing with subsidized Europen Union Projects. Honestly I do not have a clue what should I do better or more to have an opportunity to work there and I am so bushed right now... Nonetheless I do not intend to give up at all.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Veronika

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum