Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pre selection

+35
grazia
MartaJovana
Gbon0015
Ardi
RetkoN
GiannaS
MiXo
Oli
Marketa
Ivyspirit
nikolina.m
natolin
MissQuin
HearSay
psun
Merinz
Petran
Petroselinum
angepsi
katiebvb
dawn1
krumours
V88
malkoshius
a.cross
lucia_roman
ARC86
etoilefilante
europe4all
chez
D.A.G
strengara
pinhead
angelapia
dinella
39 posters
Go down
angepsi

pre selection - Page 2 Empty Re: pre selection

Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:25 am
Hey guys,

I am Greek and so far have not received any acceptance/rejection email.

For the people that already received email (both acceptance and rejection) i have some questions. Please if you have some free time to answer I would highly appreciated! Smile

What is your Nationality?
What is it stated exactly in the email you got?
and last but not least,
What is your current status in the EC Traineeship website?

Thank you very much in advance. The moment i receive any kind of email from the Commission I will pass the info here!

Good luck everyone!
Petroselinum
Petroselinum

Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:52 pm
Hi guys !

I was also pre-selected and I was wondering if the lobby has to start now, or that I have to wait until the Traineeships Office get all my documents?

Many thanks for your help. Smile
Petran

Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:17 pm
Guys, please remember that at this point you are only pre-identified to be pre-selected! You can still got negative reply as you may not pass eligibility check based on your documents sent to the Traineeships Office. Only after you are notified with results of the preselection procedure, you may start to lobby. Lobbying at this stage is pointless as the Blue Book has not been opened yet.
Petroselinum
Petroselinum

Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:19 pm
Many thanks, Petran. I think I am a bit stressed... (a bit too much).
Btw sorry !  Smile 
Petran

Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:22 pm
No need to worry, Petroselinum. I do understand your concerns. Wink 
Merinz

Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:13 pm
Hi everyone! I'm trying to understand if I should give up on hoping.

Did somebody receive a (positive/negative) e mail today?

Did somebody receive a "waiting list" e mail?

I haven't received anything and my status is still "successfully filled the application form" or something like that.

So confused
psun

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:09 pm
Hey guys! Has anybody who applied for the Translation traineeship received an answer? I am Spanish btw.
HearSay

Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:04 pm
afterallthistime.always wrote:Hey guys! Has anybody who applied for the Translation traineeship received an answer? I am Spanish btw.

Nope, nothing yet. I'm not sure how the selection process is for translators since there is no pre-selection stage for us (that's how it was in previous traineeships). I also don't know whether we need to send supporting documents at any stage or is it only for the selected ones. I'm a Finn.
MissQuin
MissQuin

Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:03 pm
angepsi wrote:Hey guys,

I am Greek and so far have not received any acceptance/rejection email.

For the people that already received email (both acceptance and rejection) i have some questions. Please if you have some free time to answer I would highly appreciated! Smile

and last but not least,

Thank you very much in advance. The moment i receive any kind of email from the Commission I will pass the info here!

Good luck everyone!

Dutch
The email is not very informative actually. It simply tells you that you have received a new message on your account.

The message on the website says that I've been
'pre-identified to be included in the Blue Book for the October 2014 session'. And in order to be 'formally included in the Blue Book, it is compulsory to send all the supporting documents mentioned in the list below [...]' (like university transcripts etc.).

This is part of an eligibility check, which is baiscally to verify that what was on my CV was true. Only at the beginning of May I will get the official confirmation of whether or not I have successfully passed the check and therefore have been preselected for the Blue Book (according to the message).

I don't see any difference except that a new message has appeared.

Hope that helps.
natolin

Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:13 pm
Hi guys,

congratulations to those persons who has been pré-identified.
I did not get any answer. My status at the website of the Commission is "Your application has been successfully submitted."
Do u think I have any chance to get it?
Do u think the are going to answer to everyone, even to those who has been rejected.

Cheers!

dawn1

Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:35 pm
Hello!Did anyone get a positive answer today??
angepsi

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:19 pm
Thank you for the info @MissQuin.

@dawn1, no i didn't get any answer either positively or negatively today.

I am starting to get quite frustrated to say the truth.  Neutral 
dawn1

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:32 pm
Angepsi, I think that not having get an answer until now it's not a good sign!
angepsi

Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:26 pm
I think so too! Better luck next time! Smile
nikolina.m

Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:49 pm
Hello guys!

I've received an e-mail that my application has been pre-identified as well. Is there any other Croatian participants that have been also pre-identified so far?
And congratulations to all of you who have received a positiv reply. For those who are still waiting I wish you good luck.
Ivyspirit

Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:11 pm
Hello. It's the second time I apply for a Translation Traineeship, I got preselected last time but unfortunately not selected in the end. I can tell you that the preselection for the DGT took place a bit later than the preselection for the other traineeships. If we get preselected we will receive an email asking us to send all the supporting documents by post. The selection process comes after we send those documents. Good luck to you all! I'm Romanian.

HearSay wrote:
afterallthistime.always wrote:Hey guys! Has anybody who applied for the Translation traineeship received an answer? I am Spanish btw.

Nope, nothing yet. I'm not sure how the selection process is for translators since there is no pre-selection stage for us (that's how it was in previous traineeships). I also don't know whether we need to send supporting documents at any stage or is it only for the selected ones. I'm a Finn.
Marketa

Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:50 pm
Hello!Did anyone get a positive answer today? Thank you for any information.
Status of my application is : Your application has been successfully submitted.

Any new info?

Many thanks!
Marketa
a.cross

Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:52 pm
Hi everyone,

@marketa: I did not get a positive/negative email so far.

My status on ECAS website is the same.

I guess the ones who didn't get an email so far were not pre-selected right?

Thank you!
Marketa

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:03 pm
to a.cross.

Maybe it takes an another week to send the rest..... imagine the thousands of e-mails.

Fingers crossed and good luck!

a.cross

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:07 pm
I hope so!!

I would like to know though if anyone received a positive email after the 26th of march?

I think the pre-selection procedure is somehow random.. my application was practically the same in relation to the one i made 2 years ago (maybe even better because i had more qualifications now) and I was pre-selected at the time....

Let's see, fingers crossed!
Oli

Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:43 pm
Hi everybody!

Im Polish and i applied for the translation traineeship, got no reply.
Is it time to give up hope?
It seems weird to me as i thought that they reply to each and every application....

however, the message on the website seems pretty clear...:Message to candidates who haven't received any communication:Thank you for your interest in the Traineeships Programme. Application period for the traineeships session March 2015 will start soon. Best of luck!

Anyone of u in a similar situation?
best of luck to u all  albino albino
strengara

Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:14 pm
I think my question is pretty much the same as a previous one! but anyway has anybody received the e-mail for pre -selection after 26 March?
From what I understood it seems that those with no e-mail receive only the encouragements to apply for 2015 .
chez

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:53 pm
I have to say that it look somewhat unprofessional. Vague message on the Traineeship website and no reply for some people while others were "pre-identified".

Not really sure what to make out of it. Surely all candidates should receive rejection/acceptance emails at the same time, even if it's an automated message.

Does anybody know for sure what is the outcome for people who didn't receive any communication? As I said, the encouragement to apply for March 2015 on the website looks slightly vague.

Congrats to all pre-identified candidates.

Chez
HearSay

Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:22 pm
chez wrote:
Does anybody know for sure what is the outcome for people who didn't receive any communication? As I said, the encouragement to apply for March 2015 on the website looks slightly vague.

The encouragement message is vague for a reason. If any of those  pre-identified applicants fail to send all the required documents, they still can select another applicant that didn't make it to the initial pre-identification and ask him/her to submit supporting documents. However, most likely that encouragement to apply for those who didn't receive a message means that they were not pre-identified this time.
MiXo

Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:49 am
I asked the Traineeships Office on the 8th of April if it's still ongoing the pre selection procedure for those who haven't received any answer to their application and I got the following answer:
"You will be informed in the beginning of May"
HearSay

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:57 pm
I have been pre-identified for the translation traineeship, I got the message today. Any other pre-identified applicants for the translation traineeship?  Very Happy We need to submit our documents by e-mail until 25/4.

I'm really excited and happy! Btw, I am applying for the first time.

cheers
Ivyspirit

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:02 pm
I have also been pre-identified for the translation traineeship, just got the message. Congratulations and good luck!
GiannaS

pre selection - Page 2 Empty Translation Traineeship (Italian)

Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:37 pm
Hello HearSay,

I also received an email yesterday saying I was shortlisted and I need to send all my documents via email by the 25/04.

It also states that there are more people that were shortlisted than places available (as far as I know, there are only two places per language and per session), but I wonder how many were shortlisted.
I'm Italian and this is my second application for the Translation Traineeship at the European Commission.

I will keep my fingers crossed until 2nd of June (that's when I will know for sure, apparently...)

Gianna

HearSay wrote:I have been pre-identified for the translation traineeship, I got the message today. Any other pre-identified applicants for the translation traineeship?  Very Happy We need to submit our documents by e-mail until 25/4.

I'm really excited and happy! Btw, I am applying for the first time.

cheers
RetkoN

Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:00 am
GiannaS wrote:Hello HearSay,

I also received an email yesterday saying I was shortlisted and I need to send all my documents via email by the 25/04.

It also states that there are more people that were shortlisted than places available (as far as I know, there are only two places per language and per session), but I wonder how many were shortlisted.
I'm Italian and this is my second application for the Translation Traineeship at the European Commission.

I will keep my fingers crossed until 2nd of June (that's when I will know for sure, apparently...)

Gianna

Hey,

I also received the message regarding the pre-selection procedure (2 days ago). It's actually my first time applying and they still might pick someone else so ...

Nonetheless:
I was only wondering whether ALL documents are compulsory? I guess the more papers you send them, the happier they are ... The list mentions:

Evidence of declared language knowledge, such as certificates or diplomas obtained or attendance certificates of official courses delivered in those languages;

I don't have any of those (my third language is German and I haven't obtained any formal certificates or anything). But since I'm studying translation into German and English and vice versa, I was thinking I could ask someone at my faculty for a paper saying that I'm good at English and German?  confused Sounds stupid, but I'm a newbie so it's a good enough excuse I guess  alien .

Please share your thoughts if you have the same problem as me :)Good luck

Thanks Smile
GiannaS

Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:08 am
Dear RetKon,

This is the second application for me, but it is the first time I am sshortlisted so it is the first time I am asked to send my documents. The more the better I guess. Any headed paper, language course certificate, reference letter from companies where you may have used those languages, anything will do I suppose as long as it looks official.Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum