Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
AnnLee

Communication and Organisation Skills Empty Communication and Organisation Skills

Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:39 pm
Hey!

I was just wondering how you tackled the part on communication and organisation skills as one has only 500 characters to describe one's experience. Did you opt for writing a paragraph about one specific event where you developed your skills or did you go with bullet points?

Thank you so much for your help already!
lucia_roman

Communication and Organisation Skills Empty Re: Communication and Organisation Skills

Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:53 pm
In my form, I highlighted some key skills (active listening, adapt my workflow to that of others, etc) and I mentioned that those are developed further (with examples) in the Motivation and Suitability slots.
AnnLee

Communication and Organisation Skills Empty Re: Communication and Organisation Skills

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:48 pm
Thank you very much for your reply! I was just not sure whether it is enough to just mention, e.g. "adapting workflow to that of others", and then point to another section. It did seem very all over the place to me.
haole87

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:59 am
I agree with AnnLee. If a section is ment to talk about your communication and organisation skills you should talk about it there, not somewhere else. Plus, I think that the 500 character limit is because they want you to be concise and write only a short paragraph about it.

Nevertheless, in this things there is no right or wrong and you should write your application the way you think it's better.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum