Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DG Research

+9
bosch
DK
travisfull
Lina88
aguila
cp2010
vvlv
Ksenia_M
Yra88
13 posters
Go down
Yra88

DG Research Empty DG Research

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:29 pm
Hey guys! Did any of you hear from DG Research so far? Did send few lobby emails but nobody replied nor call me til now. Sad  I do have some previous internship experience in the field of 'science and innovation' policy but my studies are focused on international relations. I'd really appreciate any information you might have on this.
Ksenia_M

DG Research Empty Re: DG Research

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:56 pm
I sent them one lobby letter and applied for RTD. DDG2.D.1 Unit (Policy Coordination, EFTA and Enlargment Countries, Russia, Asia and Pacific, DG Research and Development) but haven't received any answer:(
vvlv

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:00 pm
Innovation Policy unit will not be taking a trainee.
Yra88

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:04 pm
Ksenia_M wrote:I sent them one lobby letter and applied for RTD. DDG2.D.1 Unit (Policy Coordination, EFTA and Enlargment Countries, Russia, Asia and Pacific, DG Research and Development) but haven't received any answer:(

I've also sent one to them but nothing just yet..
Yra88

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:05 pm
vvlv wrote:Innovation Policy unit will not be taking a trainee.

Oh, yes. That's actually the only reply I've got. So should I deduce that the rest are taking..?
Ksenia_M

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:08 pm
Yra88 wrote:
Ksenia_M wrote:I sent them one lobby letter and applied for RTD. DDG2.D.1 Unit (Policy Coordination, EFTA and Enlargment Countries, Russia, Asia and Pacific, DG Research and Development) but haven't received any answer:(

Can I ask you one question? Have you already had any interviews? I haven't( A bit disappointed at this moment.
cp2010

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi,

I am also interested in this DG, but I didn't lobby and haven't heard from them. I have a Science background and Directorate F would be the most relevant in my case.

Even from previous sessions I don't think I've ever "heard" anyone mentioning a call from this DG. So I might be wrong, but maybe this is one of those DGs that pick the candidates without doing phone interviews. Or the candidates contacted by this DG didn't happen to visit this forum. Anyway, we'll find out eventually.

Good luck!
aguila

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:28 pm
Hello everyone,
I applied for Research, I didn't lobby, I have 2 years of experience in lab research at university and some months experience with policy at United Nations, but I didn't hear anything yet… (I studied Biology and Environmental Sciences). Good luck!
P.S. Last year I didn't lobby neither but I got 2 traineeship offers, without interviews, just in my mailbox. (DG Education and Culture and DG Industry about pesticides). (I didn't take them because I was accepted for a job abroad.)
Lina88

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Interesting... Did you hear this from the HoU or? I also lobbied directly to HoU but did not receive a reply...  cyclops 
vvlv

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:33 pm
Lina88 wrote:

Interesting... Did you hear this from the HoU or? I also lobbied directly to HoU but did not receive a reply...  cyclops 

Message from HoU:
"Thank you for your message and your interest in DG Research and Innovation activities.
We regret to inform you that we won't have any trainee position available in the next run.
We wish you all the best for your selection procedure and future career."
Lina88

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:41 pm
I'm starting to think that the TO should make the effort to publicize some sort of an info sheet explaining which Units don't get trainees... cuz we're obviously shooting blank bullets all over the place... Wink
vvlv thanks for the info!
Ksenia_M

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:44 pm
Lina88 wrote:I'm starting to think that the TO should make the effort to publicize some sort of an info sheet explaining which Units don't get trainees... cuz we're obviously shooting blank bullets all over the place... Wink
vvlv thanks for the info!
I totally support you! It would be better for possible trainees themselves and Units Smile Not to have dozens or even hundreds of lobby e-mails and not to spend out time on writing and sending these letters.
travisfull

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:00 pm
I agree. Who knows how to open a new tread where we can list every Units that actually don't offer places in March 2014.
Yra88

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:41 pm
Ksenia_M wrote:
Yra88 wrote:

Can I ask you one question? Have you already had any interviews? I haven't( A bit disappointed at this moment.

I haven't had any interview at all and no email. Not even a general one..
Ksenia_M

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:42 pm
Yra88 wrote:
Ksenia_M wrote:
Yra88 wrote:

Still good luck to you!!!!))))
I have background in political science and sociology with the focus on ethnic minorities and language policy in the Baltic states. Maybe it is too generic, I don't know why I had no calles( And which kind of background do you have?

Last edited by Ksenia_M on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yra88

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:44 pm
cp2010 wrote:
Hi,

I am also interested in this DG, but I didn't lobby and haven't heard from them. I have a Science background and Directorate F would be the most relevant in my case.

Even from previous sessions I don't think I've ever "heard" anyone mentioning a call from this DG. So I might be wrong, but maybe this is one of those DGs that pick the candidates without doing phone interviews. Or the candidates contacted by this DG didn't happen to visit this forum. Anyway, we'll find out eventually.

Good luck!

I hope you are right. Anyways, stress levels are running high here..  pale
Yra88

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:46 pm
Ksenia_M wrote:
Yra88 wrote:
Ksenia_M wrote:
Yra88 wrote:

Still good luck to you!!!!))))

Thanks! Good luck to you too!
Yra88

Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:53 pm
OK, so my fear is that because I made a very specialized application aiming at DG Research (and got no news so far), other DG's might not consider me, although my profile might be suitable for them too, like DG ENVI or Energy. I'm thinking that I might not be chosen for DG Research because I lack science studies and I've seen there are people with this kind of background applying for EC traineeships.

Do you think I should lobby other DG's in case DG Research doesn't like my background..?
DK

Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:06 pm
I got an offer from DG RTD without a interview (did send a lobby-mail though), so you might be right about them not doing the whole interview-thing!
bosch

Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:38 pm
congrats DK!

and what's your background/experience? you must have done sg extraordinary that you've already been chosen Smile
annalo

Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:48 pm
I got an offer from DG Research. I had no interview and did not lobby.
FionaC

Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:11 am
Same here, got an email with no mention of an interview and no lobbying involved (Bosch: my background is in Environmental Engineering and the offer is fully relevant). They asked that we answer by ticking one of 3 options: not interested, interested but still waiting for proposals from other services, definitively interested and will come if selected.
andradaiulia

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:13 am
Do you have any news about the RTD.DDG2.B.5 Social Sciences and Humanities Unit?
Yra88

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:33 am
DK wrote:I got an offer from DG RTD without a interview (did send a lobby-mail though), so you might be right about them not doing the whole interview-thing!

Congrats DK! What kind of background do you have, engineering or sciences? thx
DK

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:13 am
My background is in science. I wasn't asked to tick of any boxes.
Yra88

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:30 am
DK wrote:My background is in science. I wasn't asked to tick of any boxes.

Thx. That sounds well suited for this DG. I have studied social sciences and my only link to this DG is a seven months internship.. So dont know what my chances are..

For which unit did you get selected btw?
angelapia

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:40 pm
Congrats annalo, DK and FionaC.
Were you contacted by a specific Unit or by the general DG research??????
Thanks!!!

Last edited by angelapia on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
annalo

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:44 pm
I was contacted by a specific unit. However, this is of course not any official agreement, so I'm still not getting overexcited Wink They informed me about what my tasks would include and asked if I'm interested in performing my traineeship there.
angelapia

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:01 pm
Well it is not an official agreement but it is quite close to a positive news so fingers crossed!!!! Wink  May i ask you which unit is it??????
thanks!!!
Yra88

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:07 am
Did anybody else hear from DG Research?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum