Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enlargement DG

+9
andradaiulia
lucia_roman
Danisha
travisfull
Molina
MoreEU4all
Ivyspirit
teana
SeaShells
13 posters
Go down
SeaShells

Enlargement DG Empty Enlargement DG

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 am
Hi all,
I've just been offered a traineeship place at this DG, anyone else going here?
teana

Enlargement DG Empty Re: Enlargement DG

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:40 am
how can you be offered a place so soon? aren't they supposed to be sending offers mid January?
SeaShells

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:42 am
Yes I thought so, but I've just had this email...

"We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected for a paid traineeship in the Directorate General C - Directorate 2 - Unit A "Enlargement" of the General Secretariat of the Council of the EU from 01/02/2014 to 30/06/2014"

Only have until TODAY to decide, and they sent that email last night.
teana

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:43 am
Lucky you, did they interview you?
Ivyspirit

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:45 am
I don't understand... From 01/02/2014 to 30/06/2014?! They start a month earlier? Question 
MoreEU4all

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:46 am
SeaShells wrote:Hi all,
I've just been offered a traineeship place at this DG, anyone else going here?

Hi SeaShells,
congrats for your offer. Some quick questions for you:
- do you know which Unit offered you the place?
- did you lobby there?
- were you interviewed or contacted by them before the offer?

Many thanks and good luck in BXL!
Molina

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:47 am
It's the Council and not the Commission, they do start a month earlier, don't they?
SeaShells

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:49 am
I don't understand this at all, it seems like something isn't right here. No interview, nothing. A few months ago I would have jumped at the chance for this, but have just moved cities and jobs, and can't really uproot again in a month.
travisfull

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:54 am
SeaShells wrote:I don't understand this at all, it seems like something isn't right here. No interview, nothing. A few months ago I would have jumped at the chance for this, but have just moved cities and jobs, and can't really uproot again in a month.

I think you should be happy about this result. However, you are maybe confusing the two Institutions: the Council has its own internship program. Are you talking about the European Commission or the Council?
The Council internship started earlier than the EC internship, so it makes sense that they are sending offers now, I wouldn't be surprised. On the contrary, if its the EC I am really surprised about that...
Danisha

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:54 am
Must be the council, they start in Feb.
SeaShells

Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:05 am
Yep, it's the council, my mistake! I honestly don't remember doing an application for them.
Am turning it down unfortunately, moving just isn't possible right now! thank you guys for your input here, much appreciated, honestly.
lucia_roman

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:23 pm
You can recommend me in your place :p
SeaShells

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:32 pm
Very Happy 
I'll probably kick myself for years for turning it down, but the length of time in between the application dates and traineeship offers makes it difficult for people for drop everything. Giving people less than a day's notice to decide is also not cool! : )
MoreEU4all

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:36 pm
SeaShells wrote:Very Happy 
I'll probably kick myself for years for turning it down, but the length of time in between the application dates and traineeship offers makes it difficult for people for drop everything. Giving people less than a day's notice to decide is also not cool! : )

You are right and luckly enough you found other opportunities!
The same happens with the EC. The whole procedure is so long that we have all been applying for other internships or jobs...let's see if we will be as lucky as you!
SeaShells

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:52 pm
Lucky in a way, unlucky in another way! Naturally I'm very disappointed that I won't be able to go, but the timing just isn't right. I hope whoever takes my place has a great time!
andradaiulia

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:34 pm
Peopleeeeee!!! Pleaseeeee don't make such mistakes, I almost had a heart attack reading that you are already receiving offers from the EC  Evil or Very Mad No affraid 

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:50 pm
andradaiulia you are the most annoying person on this forum,always complaining and so on.Relax,girl,find a boyfriend and so on...Relax,keep calm and don't make panic here.
andradaiulia

Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:20 pm
Very Happy Oh, but you are so funny, dear coward without name! I shouldn't even bother to respond to such comments/personal attacks (I don't think my 4 or 5 messages on this forum have created any panic), but, just to give you some attention (you seem to need it badly), as a Xmas gift, greetings from my boyfriend!  Very Happy santa 
_mb_

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:43 pm
Any news from DG ELARG?
MoreEU4all

Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:29 pm
Just got this very general reply to a lobby mail sent one week ago

"Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail informing us of your wish to have a traineeship within our Directorate-General.
I would like to inform you all applications for a traineeship within DG ELARG are carefully examined by our different units.
Your curriculum vitae will be kept into consideration and you will be contacted by this Directorate General should the need arise.
I wish you every success with your projects.
Yours faithfully,"
vviana90

Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:32 pm
MoreEU4all wrote:Just got this very general reply to a lobby mail sent one week ago

"Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail informing us of your wish to have a traineeship within our Directorate-General.
I would like to inform you all applications for a traineeship within DG ELARG are carefully examined by our different units.
Your curriculum vitae will be kept into consideration and you will be contacted by this Directorate General should the need arise.
I wish you every success with your projects.
Yours faithfully,"

I got the same reply from them on last Friday.
_mb_

Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:12 pm
Thank you both for your replies. Did you contact a particular unit or HR office?
MoreEU4all

Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:22 pm
_mb_ wrote:Thank you both for your replies. Did you contact a particular unit or HR office?

I lobbied two or three Units and sent a general e-mail to the DG address given in the TO message on our profile. This e-mail was from the latter.
Dams38

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:34 am
Hello guys, i have been selected at the EC DG Enlargement Unit Albania. Anyone else selected in this DG?
MoreEU4all

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:37 am
Dams38 wrote:Hello guys, i have been selected at the EC DG Enlargement Unit Albania. Anyone else selected in this DG?

Congrats!! I guess I haven't then 'cause I haven't heard back from them!
Did you get the information by e-mail in these days?
Good luck in Brussels!!
Dams38

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:39 am
They called me yesterday by phone to inform me their final decision bc i was also taken in the Delegation. I will receive an email by mid-january i guess by the TO.
bolztop

Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:24 pm
SeaShells wrote:Yep, it's the council, my mistake! I honestly don't remember doing an application for them.
Am turning it down unfortunately, moving just isn't possible right now! thank you guys for your input here, much appreciated, honestly.

Why don' you accept anyway?
It is in two months.
I would accept, and if in the end it is complicated just email them telling you changed your mind.

I got accepted to council for september, and I accepted. You can always cancel, gotta keep your options open.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum