Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
bosch

Call from DG REGIO Empty Call from DG REGIO

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:28 am
Hi,

Has anyone received a phone call from any units of DG REGIO?

Thanks in adv for your response and good luck!
evaaa

Call from DG REGIO Empty Re: Call from DG REGIO

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:57 am
unfortunately I haven't Sad
this is the only DG my profile is truly suitable for and I really really hope to get in... well, let's not lose hope yet! would be nice to let me know if you get a call though (I'll do the same of course) Smile
AR

Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:56 am
Has anyone received a call from EEAS or Enlargement DG?
MoreEU4all

Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:27 am
Hi guys...I am also interested in DG REGIO but haven't received anything so far except for an answer from Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy Competence Centre Macro-regions and European Territorial Cooperation tellin that unfortunately they won't have trainees :-(
So bad. I was looking into past selections posts and couldn't really find a lot on DG REGIO procedure. I mean, it wasn't even named in posts on interviews...
Do you guys have other info?

It's good to share this waiting with you all :-)
bosch

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:23 am
Same here, no calls yet and unfortunately I don't have any info on trainee recruitment of DG REGIO.

If I have any news, I'll let you know of course.

evaaa wrote:unfortunately I haven't Sad
this is the only DG my profile is truly suitable for and I really really hope to get in... well, let's not lose hope yet! would be nice to let me know if you get a call though (I'll do the same of course) Smile

@evaaa: may I ask why you consider yourself suitable for DG REGIO? And which Unit?

Thanks in adv!
evaaa

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:22 pm
I studied urban and regional planning and wrote my thesis about the influence of the eu policies on regional planning... so i'm pretty sure dg regio would be the best (only?) fit for me. Not sure which unit though...
I hoped there would be some trainees for sure, since they have a traineeship-emaildress at least... we'll see Smile
bosch

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:49 pm
My profile is similar to yours. Hope to meet you there!  Smile 
MoreEU4all

Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:05 pm
Hi guys...so nothing is happening around here I see...
maltina

Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:47 pm
MoreEU4all wrote:Hi guys...I am also interested in DG REGIO but haven't received anything so far except for an answer from Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy Competence Centre Macro-regions and European Territorial Cooperation tellin that unfortunately they won't have trainees :-(
So bad. I was looking into past selections posts and couldn't really find a lot on DG REGIO procedure. I mean, it wasn't even named in posts on interviews...

My current colleague was a trainee at the DG REGIO, she told me that they usually don't conduct any interviews, she received an offer at the end of selection procedure. Maybe that's why you haven't seen any discussions in the previous selections.
travisfull

Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:57 pm
I have to admit that receiving an offer at the end of the procedure could be the best gift ever!
Isn't it?
MoreEU4all

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:11 pm
maltina wrote:
MoreEU4all wrote:Hi guys...I am also interested in DG REGIO but haven't received anything so far except for an answer from Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy Competence Centre Macro-regions and European Territorial Cooperation tellin that unfortunately they won't have trainees :-(

My current colleague was a trainee at the DG REGIO, she told me that they usually don't conduct any interviews, she received an offer at the end of selection procedure. Maybe that's why you haven't seen any discussions in the previous selections.

Thank you Maltina. Very good to know that :-)
Yes travisfull it would be the best gift ever...but some kind of feedback would at least make this long waiting much conmfortable...
Fingers crossed every body!
travisfull

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:43 pm
MoreEU4all wrote:
maltina wrote:

Yes travisfull it would be the best gift ever...but some kind of feedback would at least make this long waiting much conmfortable...

yes I totally agree with you. Have you received any calls? As far as I am concerned, I so far no calls for me. I friend of mine has received a call from EEAS, but they didn't tell him how many people they are going to call.
MoreEU4all

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:49 pm
travisfull wrote:
MoreEU4all wrote:
maltina wrote:

As for me no calls. Mobile phone very quiet...however, I lobbied DGs which apparently have not started with their selection yet. The negative side is that those DGs are also likely to host less trainees so less opportunities for me but I only wanted to lobby for Units I am actually interested in.

yes I totally agree with you. Have you received any calls? As far as I am concerned, I so far no calls for me. I friend of mine has received a call from EEAS, but they didn't tell him how many people they are going to call.
delta86

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:52 pm
Hey,
I just want to confirm that REGIO Unit D1 doesn't take any trainees for this comming traineeship-period, as MoreEU4all has allready stated.
Thanks Maltina for your insider-information!
Good week-end everyone!
ARC86

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:53 pm
travisfull wrote:
MoreEU4all wrote:
maltina wrote:

Hello @Travisfull, may I ask which Unit call your friend? Was it today or days ago? I'm interested in several units in EEAS and since I have not heard from them, could be interesting to know if they're already calling candidates. Many thanks
bosch

Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:23 pm
Thanks for the useful info maltina!

I received this response from Directorate B, DG REGIO:

"Thank you for your interest in the Directorate General for Regional Policy.
We forwarded your e-mail to the service in charge of the traineeship applications."

Nothing special, just FYI.

Fingers crossed for all!
travisfull

Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:49 pm
ARC86 wrote:
travisfull wrote:
MoreEU4all wrote:
maltina wrote:

Hello @Travisfull, may I ask which Unit call your friend? Was it today or days ago? I'm interested in several units in EEAS and since I have not heard from them, could be interesting to know if they're already calling candidates. Many thanks

Of course, "Europe and Central Asia". Im interested too in the EEAS, so lets see what is going to happen!
bosch

Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:17 pm
Has anyone received a call from DG REGIO?
evaaa

Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:35 am
Still nothing -.-
Francy_87

Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:08 pm
Nothing also for me...
bosch

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:03 pm
Hi there,

any updates from DG Regio recruitment?

Nothing here...
MoreEU4all

Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:30 pm
Zero news...seems like a phantom DG! By the way, it won't make that much sense to contact us this week, since we will get our answers very soon!
Guys which Units are you interested in? Which one did you lobby? Just an enquiry!!
Good luck, we all need it so far!

Last edited by MoreEU4all on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : State of art check)
evaaa

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:18 pm
Since I'm among the people who haven't received any answer (neither positive nor negative) after the preselection yet, I'm still very curious: Has anyone actually gotten an offer from a unit of DG regio? Thanks in advance for answering.
bosch

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:16 pm
Not me.
evaaa

Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:06 am
not sure if anybody cares about this topic (besides me Wink ) but if so i wanted to let you know that i got an offer from DG regio - CA22 cabinet stuff today. so if you're still waiting don't lose hope! Smile
bosch

Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:56 pm
Hi evaaa!

Thanks for sharing it. I have a couple of questions to ask if you don't mind:

1) Could you please share the exact name of the Unit?

2) Did you have an interview before getting the offer?

3) Lastly, could you tell us what your academic/professional background is?

Thanks in adv for your response!
evaaa

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:14 pm
I'll be in the cabinet of the commissioner (Cabinet of Commissioner Johannes HAHN - Regional Policy (22), CA.22.CAB STAFF - Cabinet Staff), I think it's not really a unit of the DG, but I expect some interesting work nevertheless Smile
Concerning the other questions: I didn't have any interview before and I just graduated from my master's degree (urban and regional planning at Vienna University of Technology). I studied one year abroad and did work in an internship abroad for three months.
Hopefully I answered all your questions Smile
bosch

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:36 pm
Oh, I see. Sounds amazing, congrats!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum