Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with Unit representatives

+38
mede84
susvs
nas
minka
diana_s
llyla
ARC86
palindrom
Ivyspirit
PolyD
aguila
Greenie
Ksenia_M
pamg
lucia_roman
Molina
medeeya
AR
haaryboo
crismestre86
Angelique123
Ursula13
andradaiulia
teana
itavv
vvlv
peropi
mariammc
kiar
idealia
stevedale84
cat
shteffy
travisfull
maltina
eeritrejaa
BSM
jacksad
42 posters
Go down
AR

Interview with Unit representatives - Page 2 Empty Re: Interview with Unit representatives

Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:58 am
Has anyone received a call from EEAS or Enlargement DG?
medeeya

Interview with Unit representatives - Page 2 Empty Re: Interview with Unit representatives

Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:12 am
Hi all,
Has anyone been contacted by DG DEVCO or DG ECHO?
Good luck to you all!
Best!
M.
Molina

Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:16 am
Does anybody know if the DGTranslation also have the habit of calling people for an interview?
lucia_roman

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:36 am
How did your interview go? I am also interested in DG budget, if that was indeed the DG you discussed with, but not audit.

Angelique123 wrote:Hello everyone,
i received a call today but i was at work and i didnt have much connection in the building so i was barely hearing the lady who called so well. i just got that i will be interviewed tomorrow from an Internal Audit Unit and i didnt get which DG was that   Neutral  i think i heard Budget but im not sure,,dont kno how to prepare for the interviw
travisfull

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:47 am
DG Enlarg is already offering places.  Sad 
jacksad

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:57 am
kind of stressed since I see pll getting allt he interviews, I had one and yesterday 4 missed calls, noone is calling back today though, I wonder how true the policy first come first served is. Any one did get the offer just yet?
crismestre86

Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:00 am
travisfull wrote:DG Enlarg is already offering places.  Sad 

Have you seen that in another thread of the forum (https://ec-traineeship.forumotion.com/t605-enlargement-dg#9140) ? the one I just saw is for the council of Europe, not for the EC.

They start in February
travisfull

Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:04 am
crismestre86 wrote:

Have you seen that in another thread of the forum (https://ec-traineeship.forumotion.com/t605-enlargement-dg#9140) ? the one I just saw is for the council of Europe, not for the EC.

They start in February

Wow thank you for the infos. I've seen now, and I realized now that maybe it was the Council.

However, why did you miss so many calls? Don0t you have your phone with you?? Smile
crismestre86

Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:09 am
travisfull wrote:
crismestre86 wrote:

They start in February

Wow thank you for the infos. I've seen now, and I realized now that maybe it was the Council.

However, why did you miss so many calls? Don0t you have your phone with you?? Smile

I guess you refer to jacksad, dont you? Smile
kiar

Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:12 am
jacksad wrote:kind of stressed since I see pll getting allt he interviews, I had one and yesterday 4 missed calls, noone is calling back today though, I wonder how true the policy first come first served is. Any one did get the offer just yet?

You are kind of stressed but had one interview and 4 calls?

How about those who didn't get anything so far?
jacksad

Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:19 am
clients meeting... would You pick it up ?
travisfull

Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:34 am
jacksad wrote:clients meeting... would You pick it up ?

well...double congrats. A permanent job and 4 phone calls.  Very Happy 

pamg

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:40 pm
a friend of mine is going to be inteviewed by unit D in DG SANCO, so they are making some contacts as well.

however, SANCO b1 and b5 are not going to have any trainees this session
maltina

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:47 pm
pamg wrote:a friend of mine is going to be inteviewed by unit D in DG SANCO, so they are making some contacts as well.

SANCO c2 won't have trainees as well
Ksenia_M

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:05 pm
Gyus, I want to share the information, today I got a reply from Mr. Curavic (ENTR.D.1, Entrepreneurship and Social Economy) that, unfortunately, they will not host any intern for their department.
Greenie

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:15 pm
Molina wrote:Does anybody know if the DGTranslation also have the habit of calling people for an interview?

That's a good question. As far as I know, they didn't do it in the past, but many things have changed this year. The preselection e-mail I got in November said:
"Language departments might contact you for an informal interview. Please bear in mind that these contacts are not binding and that only a written placement offer from the Traineeship Office Unit will confirm that you have been selected as a trainee. Placement offers will be sent out from mid-January."
Has anyone applying for a translation traineeship got a call?
Anyway, are those calls in your mother tongue / English/ the second foreign language stated? 
rendeer 
aguila

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:40 pm
Hello everybody

Just for your information: last year I didn't lobby anywhere, but I got 2 traineeship offers, without any interviews, just in my mailbox. (DG Education and Culture and DG Enterprise and Industry about pesticides- I didn't take them because I was accepted for a job abroad.) So nooo stress (yet) Smile (And my cv was very general!)

Last edited by aguila on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
PolyD

Interview with Unit representatives - Page 2 Empty DG AGRI interview

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:47 pm
Hello,

Has anyone heard of DG AGRI so far ?...

Thanks !
Molina

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:51 pm
Greenie wrote:
Molina wrote:Does anybody know if the DGTranslation also have the habit of calling people for an interview?

That's a good question. As far as I know, they didn't do it in the past, but many things have changed this year. The preselection e-mail I got in November said:
"Language departments might contact you for an informal interview. Please bear in mind that these contacts are not binding and that only a written placement offer from the Traineeship Office Unit will confirm that you have been selected as a trainee. Placement offers will be sent out from mid-January."
Has anyone applying for a translation traineeship got a call?
Anyway, are those calls in your mother tongue / English/ the second foreign language stated? 
rendeer 

Well, I would say, that in case of translation applicants a potential interview should be in our mother tongue, since we are all aiming at a traineeship within DGT translating into our native language, as far as I understand the whole procedure (unless somebody has two mother tongues Smile). What I find really disturbing is the thought that we will have to wait until 15th of January to receive ANY info about our application...Administratives folks are at least getting in touch with relevant people already...And I am just staring at my ailbox with one eye and at my phone with the other... Very Happy 
Ivyspirit

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:55 pm
I really, really hope to get some kind of answer from the DGTranslation before the 15th of January! They said that placement offers will be sent out from mid-January, but this doesn't mean we won't be contacted by the language departments before that, either by phone or by mail. Moreover, in order to send the final placement offers, they must make sure we still want the traineeship, so I really believe we'll get at least an email from them...
I was asking myself the same question about the calls, so I tried to prepare a little for all of the 3 languages, just in case Very Happy Meanwhile, fingers crossed and eyes on the phone  bounce 
PolyD

Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:16 pm
DG AGRI...any news ? any one ?
Thanks  Smile 
andradaiulia

Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:26 pm
Do you know how many trainees are expected to begin their traineeship in March? Around 600?
palindrom

Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:35 pm
@andraiulia around 650, so basically 1 out of 4 will get a traineeship from the pre-selected candidates.
jacksad

Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:06 pm
I got an email that there will be made an informal proposal about me at the level of DG, than, The Traineeship Office (at the level of the whole Commission) will then make a final selection decision. I do not know how to interpret that email.

Any one got anything similar? For thoose choosen did You get any specific certain offer, how did it look.

Thanks
andradaiulia

Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:23 pm
I think all formal offers are sent at the same time, in January. If the Unit has already told you that you are their first choice, that's of course a very good sign (especially if more than one Unit wants you), but you still have to wait for January, for the confirmation.

Does the TO also receive trainees? That should be fun, discovering the "dark secrets" of the selection process Twisted Evil 
andradaiulia

Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:55 am
PolyD wrote:Hello,

Thanks !

Received today from DG AGRI (I had lobbied with the HU):

Note : You have received an e-mail from the Traineeships Office asking you to use this specific mailbox for any further communication. Therefore, please note that you might not receive a reply to any e-mail sent directly to me or to anyone else in DG AGRI

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,  

Thank you for your message and your interest for Directorate General "Agriculture and Rural Development" (DG AGRI).

The units in our Directorate General will make their selection in the coming days.

Final selection by DG AGRI will be closed around end of December 2013.

It's the Traineeships Office who will inform you, by e-mail, about the status of your application as from mid-January 2014.

I wish you all the best for the selection process.

Yours sincerely,

European Commission
DG AGRI I.5 - Personnel and administration
Traineeship coordinator
ARC86

Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:06 am
andradaiulia wrote:

Thanks !

Note : You have received an e-mail from the Traineeships Office asking you to use this specific mailbox for any further communication. Therefore, please note that you might not receive a reply to any e-mail sent directly to me or to anyone else in DG AGRI

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,  

Thank you for your message and your interest for Directorate General "Agriculture and Rural Development" (DG AGRI).

The units in our Directorate General will make their selection in the coming days.

It's the Traineeships Office who will inform you, by e-mail, about the status of your application as from mid-January 2014.

Yours sincerely,

European Commission
Traineeship coordinator

Hey, thanks for the information (despite I have not lobbied that Unit). Seems to me that every Unit has very different points of view regarding the trainee's selection timings, but I have the feeling that everything's going very fast.

Fingers crossed!
PolyD

Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:10 am
andradaiulia wrote:

Thanks !

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,  

Yours sincerely,

European Commission
Traineeship coordinator

Thank you @andradaiulia for the info Smile 
Yes, this is the general e-mail sent from the DG AGRI's trainee service.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard from the Unit directly (secretary or even the HoU) via e-mail or by telephone interview...?

Thanks everyone !
llyla

Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:11 am
maltina wrote:
pamg wrote:a friend of mine is going to be inteviewed by unit D in DG SANCO, so they are making some contacts as well.

SANCO c2 won't have trainees as well

Hi guys, I've just received an email from sanco A1. unfortunately they doesnt have traineeship post either Sad
andradaiulia

Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:07 pm
Sometimes I get the feeling that so many units are closed for trainees in March 14 or, if they do receive trainees, they only have one or two posts. And still, there will be around 650 trainees...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum