Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COMMUNICATION DG

+7
andradaiulia
fdegren
Galina_K
Lina88
katunca
EloOo
teana
11 posters
Go down
teana

COMMUNICATION DG Empty COMMUNICATION DG

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:07 pm
hi guys,  has anybody tried to lobby for the communication DG?
EloOo

COMMUNICATION DG Empty Re: COMMUNICATION DG

Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:07 am
Hi , have you lobby?
katunca

Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:08 am
I haven't received one yet Sad
teana

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:14 am
EloOo wrote:Hi , have you lobby?

I didn't lobby yet, I read that it's not useful to lobby for this committee, that they get super annoyed.... I'm not sure what to do
teana

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:16 am
katunca wrote:I haven't received one yet Sad
me neither. I read so much of contrasting posts on this forum, that I'm not sure whether I should lobby or not. Anyways. let's hope something will happen today
katunca

Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:27 am
teana wrote:
katunca wrote:I haven't received one yet Sad
me neither. I read so much of contrasting posts on this forum, that I'm not sure whether I should lobby or not. Anyways. let's hope something will happen today

Yes I know I am also so unsure about it! It was me who posted this information earlier, a friend of mine is a trainee in the Communication Directorate and she gave me this information.

I was actually not interested in this directorate, but indicated it as a second option because my friend is working there so I had the hope that she could get me in there Smile

I have now heard from the other directorate that I am interested in that its almost impossible to get in there Sad. So after all I am now interested in the Communication department..

I am just not sure whether to lobby or not. My friend explicitly said I shouldn't do it for the COM dep, but maybe she's wrong!!

DId anyone try lobbying so far?? Did anything come back?
EloOo

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:51 pm
I know i was thinking about it since the confirmation e mail. Lobby or not to lobby.... But i send an e mail this morning anyways, and tried not to be annoying. Well now, let's wait and see. I will let you guys know I have some feedback.
katunca

Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:07 pm
yes please let us know…

and what do you mean by "tried not to be annoying" ? hahah
EloOo

Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:34 pm
A simple and not too long e mail Very Happy
teana

Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:26 pm
I sent them a message this morning and I got this reply:
" Many thanks for your interest in carrying out your traineeship we will take note of this when selecting our candidates."
Which means. F... you we're not interested Crying or Very sad
katunca

Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:28 pm
teana wrote:I sent them a message this morning and I got this reply:
" Many thanks for your interest in carrying out your traineeship we will take note of this when selecting our candidates."

hahaha… don't worry! at least they "took a note".

Did you send the email to the general address?
teana

Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 pm
katunca wrote:
teana wrote:I sent them a message this morning and I got this reply:

hahaha… don't worry! at least they "took a note".

Did you send the email to the general address?

A "note" nobody will read Sad I sent the email to one of the units.
Lina88

Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:54 pm
I have a friend who did a traineeship there n she got in just because she lobbied. At first they rejected her but she wrote a few emails n called a couple of times and it worked. So don't spare them the emails and try to be as persuasive as possible Wink
Galina_K

Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:05 pm
Well I lobbied to DG Communication. The first letter I wrote even before the BB was posted (kinda desperate step though) and got a reply from one HoU saying that my profile looks suitable for his Unit. He ask me to contact him again when/if elegibility check is completed. I contacted him on Monday, but no reply yet... Finger crossed for that  Rolling Eyes And besides I got a reply from another Unit yesterday asking me if I was still available for March 2014 session and if I was interested in doing internship at their Unit. Of course I AM  bounce So this email was instead of phone interview I suppose... So the bottom line...I don't think they are that annoyed with lobbying emails...
teana

Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:15 pm
Galina_K wrote:Well I lobbied to DG Communication. The first letter I wrote even before the BB was posted (kinda desperate step though) and got a reply from one HoU saying that my profile looks suitable for his Unit. He ask me to contact him again when/if elegibility check is completed. I contacted him on Monday, but no reply yet... Finger crossed for that  Rolling Eyes And besides I got a reply from another Unit yesterday asking me if I was still available for March 2014 session and if I was interested in doing internship at their Unit. Of course I AM  bounce So this email was instead of phone interview I suppose... So the bottom line...I don't think they are that annoyed with lobbying emails...
congratulations!
katunca

Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:19 am
teana wrote:
Galina_K wrote:Well I lobbied to DG Communication. The first letter I wrote even before the BB was posted (kinda desperate step though) and got a reply from one HoU saying that my profile looks suitable for his Unit. He ask me to contact him again when/if elegibility check is completed. I contacted him on Monday, but no reply yet... Finger crossed for that  Rolling Eyes And besides I got a reply from another Unit yesterday asking me if I was still available for March 2014 session and if I was interested in doing internship at their Unit. Of course I AM  bounce So this email was instead of phone interview I suppose... So the bottom line...I don't think they are that annoyed with lobbying emails...
congratulations!

CONGRATS!!!

may I ask for which unit it was?
teana

Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:18 pm
katunca wrote:
teana wrote:
congratulations!

CONGRATS!!!

I got another reply.

Dear potential trainee,

Thank you for the interest...
It is not necessary to send your CV again since all relevant information you mentioned in your application form in the Virtual Blue Book is available to the people responsible for the trainees' selection (except personal data).

If you are selected by DG COMM, the Traineeships Office will inform you by email and then send you an offer letter. Please note that your traineeship period is confirmed only once you have received this letter.
Should your application be unsuccessful, you can still apply for a subsequent exercise.

Yours sincerely,

I'm really losing all hope....

fdegren

COMMUNICATION DG Empty Communicator :P

Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:09 pm
Guys, I applied for the DG COMM. I got a reply that I have to fulfill additional application form at the Commission's Human Resources services in order to attract attention. What does it mean this? No call yet:( I lobbied, but we will see. How do you lobby btw? Tools? What about you, what r u qualifications? I have journalism experiences, as well a NGO engagement ( national and abroad).
teana

Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:31 pm
fdegren wrote:Guys, I applied for the DG COMM. I got a reply that I have to fulfill additional application form at the Commission's Human Resources services in order to attract attention. What does it mean this? No call yet:( I lobbied, but we will see. How do you lobby btw? Tools? What about you, what r u qualifications? I have journalism experiences, as well a NGO engagement ( national and abroad).

I have the same background as you, and I've never heard of this application form
andradaiulia

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:20 am
Has anyone lobbied for the COMM.B.1 Support and Partnerships Unit (COMM.B is Representations)?
katunca

Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:34 pm
did anyone already have an interview? They wrote me an email yesterday asking if I could interview with them on monday.. And I would like to know how it went for your guys/ what questions they asked etc… anyone? Smile

have a nice weekend all of you!!
fdegren

Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:41 pm
katunca wrote:did anyone already have an interview? They wrote me an email yesterday asking if I could interview with them on monday.. And I would like to know how it went for your guys/ what questions they asked etc… anyone? Smile

They already called you? I did not receive any mail. they just wrote me to fulfill some additional CV application. Can you pls provide us with your background, if it is not secret:) Just main educational and professional highlights. Thanks and all the best. I hope I will be interviewed as well. Fingers crossed scratch 
katunca

Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:44 pm
fdegren wrote:
katunca wrote:did anyone already have an interview? They wrote me an email yesterday asking if I could interview with them on monday.. And I would like to know how it went for your guys/ what questions they asked etc… anyone? Smile

They already called you? I did not receive any mail. they just wrote me to fulfill some additional CV application. Can you pls provide us with your background, if it is not secret:) Just main educational and professional highlights. Thanks and all the best. I hope I will be interviewed as well. Fingers crossed scratch 

they didn't call me, they just wrote an email that my CV caughed their attention and whether I have the time to interview with them on monday.

my profile is the following:
bachelor in european studies, master programme in political communication (both I studied abroad), 5 internships (all in the area of communication), 4 languages

so its a pretty normal profile… I really think its just luck or not.. I didn't do any lobbying..
fdegren

Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:47 pm
katunca wrote:
fdegren wrote:

they didn't call me, they just wrote an email that my CV caughed their attention and whether I have the time to interview with them on monday.

bachelor in european studies, master programme in political communication (both I studied abroad), 5 internships (all in the area of communication), 4 languages

so its a pretty normal profile… I really think its just luck or not.. I didn't do any lobbying..

I hope that DG COMM will accept more then one trainee:)
katunca

Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:49 pm
fdegren wrote:
katunca wrote:
fdegren wrote:

haha of course they do!! I think its one trainee per unit, could that be?
Also: I am only having the interview, no guarantee that they actually want be afterwards!
fdegren

Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:50 pm
katunca wrote:
fdegren wrote:
katunca wrote:
fdegren wrote:

haha of course they do!! I think its one trainee per unit, could that be?
Also: I am only having the interview, no guarantee that they actually want be afterwards!
But you are on the right track;) I wish you the best of luck:)
Galina_K

Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:45 pm
katunca wrote:
teana wrote:
congratulations!

CONGRATS!!!

Sorry, katunca, I missed your message. It was Audiovisual service, Unit A4... But looks like DG Comm is not very active in interviewing people or at least those who were interviewed don't show up here  Sad
katunca

Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:31 am
I had the interview this morning and they told me that today it was their deadline to choose three preferences for trainees… they sent those preferences to the HR department this afternoon..

also, a couple of hours later I got an email from a different unit:

Dear Ms,

Could you please give us your candidate number in the bluebook so we can forward it to the HR department in order to confirm our choice of Stagiaire for the next period. As from March 2014.

This is not an official mail, but we would like to know if you are still available for that period?

Best regards

I am not sure how sure it is that I got the traineeship.. the second unit actually interests me more..

did anyone get a similar email?
vviana90

Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:29 pm
Hi everybody!
Any answer or offer for a traineeship at the Spokespersons' Service (DG COMM)?
bolztop

Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:54 pm
vviana90 wrote:Hi everybody!
Any answer or offer for a traineeship at the Spokespersons' Service (DG COMM)?

My friend got a call from them yesterday.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum