Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
angelapia

selected trainees with science background Empty selected trainees with science background

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:51 am
Hi Guys,
in order to apply for March 2014, I was wondering if among some of you selected trainees there is somebody with a science/ research background...
If yes, could you please share with us 
1) your background
2) units you have been taken?
Thank you in advance for sharing.
Have a nice weekend!
Traineeship2013

selected trainees with science background Empty Re: selected trainees with science background

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:43 pm
I have kind of a science background: I have a degree in science and I have been a lab trainee for two years. But then I also have a translation degree and that is the unit I have been selected for (the Directorate General for Translation) so I am not sure my case is what you are looking for.
angelapia

selected trainees with science background Empty Re: selected trainees with science background

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:36 am
Hi Traineeship2013... 
Congratulations for being selected and thank you for your msg!
Well, I think your case the Translation degree may have made a the difference!!!!So I am starting to think about a translation degree as well... :-)
Jimmy.86
Jimmy.86

Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:40 pm
Hello there, I applied with a science/research background and I even chose that field in my application since I graduated from Environmental Engineering. I did some research with the Institute for Waste Management in Vienna what I highlighted in my application.

I don't know how big expectations can you have as a scientist/researcher, but I think you can hope for the Research and innovation DG or a DG dealing with the topic your researches are about (health, chemistry etc.
angelapia

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:52 am
Hi Jimmy.86 thank you for your msg... 

During the "lobbying period" I have written to the general Research and innovation DG address given by TO but as result I have got only a general email saying 

"If you pass the final selection stage, the Traineeships Office will send you a contract for a traineeship either with us or in another Directorate General. If, however, you have not received word by September for the period beginning in October 2013, you may consider that your application has not been successful."

I guess I have not passed the selection process!!! Sad

If I may ask, during the lobbying, did you lobby to anybody in particular or only to general email address? Did you get any answer at all?

p.s.: I have read your story in the other post... Congratulations last minute selected trainee!!!Very Happy:D:D:D
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum