Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
scsj

NON-EU CITIZENS Empty NON-EU CITIZENS

Wed May 29, 2013 8:29 pm
Hey guys!

I guess this topic is mainly for the former/current trainees but anyway I wanted to ask you if you knew which DG's are usually allowed/not allowed to hire NON-EU trainees.

Thanks!
ams47w

NON-EU CITIZENS Empty Re: NON-EU CITIZENS

Wed May 29, 2013 8:36 pm
and maybe any info on how it affects your chances overall of being selected as being non-EU (and non-European for that matter)...thanks!
scsj

Wed May 29, 2013 8:42 pm
ams47w I think and I hope that ECandidate can give us some info!
alex2006

Thu May 30, 2013 12:39 am
As I am also Non EU citizens, actually I am a citizen of the country candidate for the EU, the problem with Non EU, is that EC does not have any ratio to choose for example 2 preselected Serbians, Croatians or Armenians, as they have to do it with Italians, French etc... so it is more difficult for the Non Eu citizens to get the traineeship having in mind that there is no obligation of the EC to hire NonEU trainee....

I think that each DG can do it, if they want.
ECandidate
http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/

Thu May 30, 2013 11:17 am
I am not aware of some DGs not being able to hire non-EU candidates. But, to be honest, I haven't met personaly any non-EU trainees, so I am not too familiar with which DGs are they working in or if their selection process was in any way different than ours. I know there are several non-EU trainees, though, I have seen some things posted by some American ones in our FB group and know there is one Brazilian at least and 3 from South Africa.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum