Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preselection

+43
kiar
tadeiya
mariabernarda
ECandidate
monique1302
kimkillah
Dora19
prox_n
at86
TCRVR
stevedale84
europe4all
sonia1
koribana
EUbabaroga
FeJeNo
Aneena
yummie
aaaaaaaaaaaalice
CarolinaMM
Dmitri
aszemela
go_there
deniseduffy1
Olga_90
lakika
arty99
E.D.
Kata13
Elanor
iden
lilli84
karinas
travisfull
Flam
vkulesh
martina310
schatten
Michuss
Husker
MoreEU4all
dicearco
etoilefilante
47 posters
Go down
Michuss

Preselection - Page 6 Empty Re: Preselection

Fri May 17, 2013 5:39 pm
Unfortunately, I join the legion of people who were not selected. Laughing

Fortunately, every ending is a beginning of something new! Very Happy

Congratulations to everyone who applied! Well done, brave warriors! Very Happy
yummie

Fri May 17, 2013 5:43 pm
First time applied and not preselected... But I love your words, Michuss! Thank you Smile
Congrats to all who were preselected!!!!
iden

Fri May 17, 2013 6:08 pm
Same here! First time, not preselected, but looking forward to the future!
Congratulations to you all!!
kimkillah

Fri May 17, 2013 6:11 pm
I am having some hard time finding the heads of the units...I mean, where do I look for those names?
In some DGs websites I can't even find the different units... I suppose I can't email the Head of the DG right?
at86

Fri May 17, 2013 6:43 pm
@kimkillah I suppose the very head of the DG is hard to reach, maybe the have a secretary or maybe there is a person in charge of of recruitment or the administration of the unit. Sorry I'm a first timer in this so also trying to figure this out right now.

Does anyone know of you can access your application form somewhere? I've looked, but haven't found anything :/
monique1302

Fri May 17, 2013 7:03 pm
Got preselected as well Very Happy

@kimkillah You can check the directory or the organisation chart of a certain DG you'd like to work in http://ec.europa.eu/about/ds_en.htm

And after find email of the person in the general directory of EC http://ec.europa.eu/staffdir/plsql/gsys_tel.display_search?pLang=EN
Well, that's one solution I came up with (also first timer Very Happy), if anyone comes up with something better, share the idea Smile
kimkillah

Fri May 17, 2013 7:13 pm
I really wasn't prepared for lobbying, I didn't think I was likely to pass the preselection.
Btw, I'm studying the organizational charts and selecting some units. I'd like to send most of the email by monday, as I suppose all the other preselected will do the same...
monique1302

Fri May 17, 2013 7:25 pm
kimkillah wrote:I really wasn't prepared for lobbying, I didn't think I was likely to pass the preselection.
Btw, I'm studying the organizational charts and selecting some units. I'd like to send most of the email by monday, as I suppose all the other preselected will do the same...

Same here, it's seems we'll all have studying EC & DGs & lobbying weekend Very Happy Although it might cause vice versa effect - as written in the preselection email, we should contact them via the emails stated - in this moment I'm not sure what would be better... Any experienced EC trainees here? Did you lobby directly to the head of the units or to those general trainees emails?
at86

Fri May 17, 2013 7:30 pm
To be quite honest I almost feel uncomfortable lobbying, not used to that at all yet but the EU is very competitive I guess.I was thinking the same thing monique123, ,many of the email are "trainee"-specific so they might get annoyed by a bunch of overexcited pre-selected who write hundreds of mails to them Smile
arty99

Fri May 17, 2013 8:36 pm
guys if you receive info about units that do not accept trainees please post it here. it would be good to know which ones not to contact
ECandidate
http://atraineeinbrussels.blogspot.com/

Fri May 17, 2013 9:09 pm
Congratulations for those in the blue book and I hope the ones who didn't make it don't give up and try again, or find another interesting traineeship for your future.

I am a current blue book trainee in the EC and have written here about the lobbying + interviews phase that usually follows it (and that sucessfully awarded me a traineeship):
http://www.atraineeinbrussels.com/search/label/Lobbying

I have written it beforehand and posted it here as well quite some time ago, as this was something you could/should have prepared during the (long) time of waiting for the pre-selection results.

Anyway, as the EC will be closed on Monday, you now have 3 days to prepare it carefully and to do it right.

I have more tips on how it is to be a trainee in Brussels in my website and you can follow it on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/ATraineeInBrussels

Any question you feel it is still unanswered (please read everything with attention, because I have seen many people here asking how to find the email addresses or who should they lobby to and that's all explained in my posts and in several previous topics of this forum), feel free to contact me at atraineeinbrussels@gmail.com

Best of luck to all of you!

Fri May 17, 2013 11:49 pm
I'm out Sad
mariabernarda

Fri May 17, 2013 11:59 pm
hi everyone, I'm also out Sad Good luck to all of preselected ones!!!

It's not the first time I applied, but till now I never requested the score I received, which I will do now... will this be of any help for my next application? I wonder...
Elanor

Sat May 18, 2013 12:36 am
I got preselected for the 2nd time! Good luck with the lobbying guys!
tadeiya

Sat May 18, 2013 10:59 am
Hi! Is there anyone here who applied for a translation traineeship and did not get any answer at all?? Neither positive nor negative. I haven't received any response yet... :S
kimkillah

Sat May 18, 2013 11:22 am
tadeiya wrote:Hi! Is there anyone here who applied for a translation traineeship and did not get any answer at all?? Neither positive nor negative. I haven't received any response yet... :S

Have you checked the spam folder? I think they have sent all the emails...but it's just my opinion! Maybe they'll send others on Tuesday...?
travisfull

Sat May 18, 2013 11:36 am
Im out guys, for the 3' time. Sad I wish the best for the future trainees. I will try again...
TCRVR

Sat May 18, 2013 11:38 am
tadeiya wrote:Hi! Is there anyone here who applied for a translation traineeship and did not get any answer at all?? Neither positive nor negative. I haven't received any response yet... :S

The Translation Traineeship has a totally different selection procedure. There is no preselection! I was selected and for that I received a phone call and an email saying that I was selected. I was also told that only after mid-June all the trainees would have been contacted. I assume that each language department does its own selection. Some are quicker than others! Don't lose hope! Wink
kiar

Sat May 18, 2013 12:28 pm
kimkillah wrote:I am having some hard time finding the heads of the units...I mean, where do I look for those names?
In some DGs websites I can't even find the different units... I suppose I can't email the Head of the DG right?

http://ec.europa.eu/staffdir/plsql/gsys_page.display_index?pLang=EN

This link should be your solution :-)
schatten

Sat May 18, 2013 1:21 pm
I was preselected too! Yeiii! I have to lobby now (I really don't like writing these emails), but it's a must... So I will do it =)
The agony goes on ... Very Happy
Jimmy.86
Jimmy.86

Sun May 19, 2013 2:45 pm
Is there anyone who is going for DG Environment?
Hypoliminion

Sun May 19, 2013 11:41 pm
Jimmy.86 wrote:Is there anyone who is going for DG Environment?

Hopefully me... I have applied to the DG Environment... Preselection passed Cool
alex2006

Tue May 21, 2013 11:05 am

I have sent 3 emails to the head of the units, followed with the recommendation of my employee, dont know this gonna be from any help, but lets try Razz
Bylie

Tue May 21, 2013 11:58 am
Does anyone know how many people were preselected?
at86

Tue May 21, 2013 12:07 pm
I think around 2 500 are preselected. And last year 678 trainees were accepted in the end.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum