Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dan

New session- open 15.03 Empty New session- open 15.03

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 am
Hi,
I am going to apply for journalist option.
some tips, experience?

and good luck for everyone!
candidate

New session- open 15.03 Empty Re: New session- open 15.03

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:41 pm
Hello everyone!

Anyone impatient about knowing whether s/he has been accepted or rejected?
I have a question about the selection of candidates. As I am aware that Master degree students have better chances than Bachelors, I want to ask you whether you know some friends of the latter group to have been granted an internish with the EU Parliament? I finished my Bachelor degree last year and I do not know what my chances would be now for this...

What I can say about myself is that I studied Contemporary European Studies and Foreign Languages in the UK (I was a foreign student there). I speak four languages including my mother tongue and have some experience in the archive/administration work experience with my former university plus work that is not relevant to the EU Parliament. This is in short. I guess one needs luck as well as talent for this position, so good luck everyone!
Marcanum

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:30 pm
I have spoken to people who have done the EP internship during/after their bachelors, so it is still possible. As in all cases, it will depend on the quality of your motivation as well. But it is possible.

Your profile seems quite good for someone at your phase of the education though, so don't underestimate yourself! Smile
candidate

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:41 pm
@Mercanum, thanks for the positive reply!
Well, the only thing that is left is to wait and hope, reminds me of the end of 'The Count of Monte Christo' ...
I have been wondering whether one should lobby the EU Parliament DGs or not? Some comments suggest that lobbying does help, others do not believe that it is good all in all. Maybe it is not advisable to bother the 'stages' with messages when it is still very early. Although I think that it is now the time when they choose most of the applicants...
Marcanum

Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:03 pm
Lobbying generally doesn't happen for EP internships, because the selection system differs from that of the Commission. I wouldn't risk pissing people off within the EP. Wink
candidate

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:52 pm
Maybe you are right. I do not know for sure, but a message or two do not hurt unless you start nagging like an old lady of course Smile
After one month we will know once and for all. I guess that it also depends on the applicants from our own countries since the EP needs to take a varied and balanced proportion from most if not all of the member states. This translates into a competition between fellow-countrymen and between nationals of different states.
fibica

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:57 pm
I just hope we're gonna find out the results before we need to decide about the Commission traineeship. Because i got accepted to the Commission, but not in my preferred DG, so i'd really like to know about the Parliament before the deadline for the final decision for Comm.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum