Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phone call after pre-selection

+30
hw
seaside
flateric
Marijo
inculis
anemoniii
PhyK
myrskypilvi
rea
Revanx
sprinterka
montenegrina
internship
Mali
Klaus_B
elina
fonfon_4
Notturna
gt80
opperskip
jota
hipersons
Ossory
lulu
lostdog
gaza
natalita
joja
bea*
Returntigger
34 posters
Go down
Returntigger

Phone call after pre-selection - Page 2 Empty Re: Phone call after pre-selection

Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:11 pm
Well INTERESTING insight here... I got my interview with the Agency (I was on a short list apparently of 6 people). She told me that tomorrow at noon, the blue book is available to the institution such that they may 'reserve' their candidates. So that means that by tomorrow afternoon those who have interviewed us will know whether they have 'got' us. She said she'd tell me either way by the end of the week...
gt80

Phone call after pre-selection - Page 2 Empty Re: Phone call after pre-selection

Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:27 pm
Well I guess I will wait for news until Friday and if I don't get any I will call them...
Mali

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:27 pm
gaza wrote:Can somebody tell if DG REGIO and DG AGRI gave any sign - email response or phone call? From the former trainees, does anyone know if these DGs give phonecalls? If yes, whic units? I have received a email response from DG AGRI, Unit L1 telling that they don't have trainee positions for the March 2012 sesion.

Hey gaza, I am also applying for REGIO, but no call yet. Having read all of the posts for phone calls for the past few days got me worried. I guess nobody received a call from REGIO, at least not those writing inhere. The silence from the EC is killing right now. i guess there is still chance to get chosen even if we don't get a call, I hope Smile

bea*

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:17 am
Hi Mali, I haven"t applied for Regio but I think we should keep in mind that it doesn't depend on the DG if they call possible trainees or they don't at all, since it is the Head of Units who decide how they want to proceed! so it could depend from unit to unit... Therefore, don"t worry!
internship

Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:45 pm
any information about DEVCO?
fonfon_4

Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:31 pm
Hi everybody!

I had a call yesterday from INFSO, informal call just to know if I was still interested or not. They said that they will put my name on a list of their favourite. But they did not make me specific questions, I was a bit surprised...But I do not think that it means something. I mean, they may transmit a shortlist to the Human Resources Departement but it does not imply that they will make me an official offer.
Moreover, I don't know if they will inform me if finally they chose me or not, or if I have to wait till January in order to know.

I can't wait to know the final answer!
montenegrina

Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:50 pm
Hi to all...since now I have had 5 interviews from different DGs (only two from my preferable DGs) and yesterday I got an e-mail offer with tasks description from INFSO. I hope that's it :-). Good luck to all!
Klaus_B

Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:52 pm
montenegrina wrote:Hi to all...since now I have had 5 interviews from different DGs (only two from my preferable DGs) and yesterday I got an e-mail offer with tasks description from INFSO. I hope that's it :-). Good luck to all!
Congratz! Smile Now you can have a christmas without worries about the internship...
montenegrina

Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:02 pm
sprinterka

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:26 pm
Congratulations, Montenegrina. I am very happy to hear it, because I am also montenegrina. Very Happy Wink Good luck! Smile
gaza

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:50 pm
Hey Mali, I feel exactly the same as you do. I am very worried because a lot of people here got al least one phone call and I didn't...But reading carefully all the posts on this forum from previous sesions, I didn't find any information about the DG REGIO selection precedure (people receiving phone calls/e-mails). So, there are two possibilities: they make their selection based on the information in the Blue Book/maybe on the motivation letters or there are just a few people on this forum that have applied for a traineeship at this DG, who could give us useful information and in fact they do their selection based also on phone calls.The only thing we can do is to wait and see the "results" Sad..
What units did you apply for? I sent e-mails to the following units: C1 (I have received an e-mail from them telling that they don't have places for March 2012 traineeship), C2, C4, B1 and D1.
Good luck and keep in touch!
Revanx

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:35 pm
Hi,
I received yesterday a call from one DG that they are interested and want to book me. However, I just got an e-mail from the Council of the European Union, that I am selected. It is possible to be selected for both the Council and the Commission or after I am booked for the Council I cannot automatically be selected for the Commission (are the systems connected?). I want to know, whether the DG was able to book me so that I can decline the offer from the Council and leave the place for someone else.
Klaus_B

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:33 pm
Revanx wrote:are the systems connected?
I guess no, because both institutions have different selection procedures. I think you are in a happy situation to choose an offer. I would be happy if I received just one Wink

Did you apply for the Council´s period beginning in february or september?
Mali

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:34 pm
Hi gaza, thank you for sharing this info.

Basically i was thinking the same about the whole selection process of this DG (or I'm just not their trainee choice)... in fact as far as Regio is concerned i was applying in directorate I (I2, I5) in particular, but I would be as equally happy if they choose me for any of their other units, involved in project / program / funds management, as this is my main focus of interest ...........I guess if not REGIO there still might be a chance for some other unit, as long as they like us, right... keep my fingers crossed for you too and hope we'll get a belated Christmas Brussels trip gift in January or sooner Very Happy santa
rea

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:44 pm
hi everybody,

I'd like to hear your opinion on this one phone call I received from DG industry few days ago- very confusing.

The woman I spoke to said they would put me on their shortlist on a first place. So I asked her, if I could be expecting to get the traineeship offer then. But she said that that was not certain yet, that she wasn't confirming anything to me yet..but she also said, that if everything goes well, she'll see me in Brussels in March. So what do you make of this? Is the shortlist the official selection of trainees in the Unit which the Unit then passes to the Traineeship office?

Second thing..I guess some of you also have other applications going on..So do you think there is any way to get the answer from the Units now? Some people said here they called the units, but I haven't found any phones numbers..could anybody please tell me where they found it?

thanks a lot for shearing you views.
Notturna

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:55 pm
montenegrina wrote:Hi to all...since now I have had 5 interviews from different DGs (only two from my preferable DGs) and yesterday I got an e-mail offer with tasks description from INFSO. I hope that's it :-). Good luck to all!

Montenegrinaaa Gongratulationsssss!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish you the best of luck!!!!!

May i ask which Unit sent you the e mail offer????
montenegrina

Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:58 pm
Thank you, congratulations to you too! :-)
I am in Unit C3 which is completely in accordance to my interests. Tasks they mentioned are very interesting and challenging.
So... we are going to work in same DG, and of course to meet each other :-).
Notturna

Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:11 am
Thank you soooo much!!! Although it is not official!!!!

The Unit that sent me the unofficial e mail offer is really interested and similiar to my academic profile too!!! Got my fingers crossed for both of us!!!!!
Hope will meet each other soon!!!
I'll keep you updated!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
myrskypilvi

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:03 am
rea wrote:hi everybody,

I'd like to hear your opinion on this one phone call I received from DG industry few days ago- very confusing.

The woman I spoke to said they would put me on their shortlist on a first place. So I asked her, if I could be expecting to get the traineeship offer then. But she said that that was not certain yet, that she wasn't confirming anything to me yet..but she also said, that if everything goes well, she'll see me in Brussels in March. So what do you make of this? Is the shortlist the official selection of trainees in the Unit which the Unit then passes to the Traineeship office?

Second thing..I guess some of you also have other applications going on..So do you think there is any way to get the answer from the Units now? Some people said here they called the units, but I haven't found any phones numbers..could anybody please tell me where they found it?

Rea, PROBABLY you will be working for this unit. But there still might be a chance that another unit has chosen you as well, and has been quicker in making their selection. As it is first-come, first-serve, you still might end up working somewhere else.

And of course there is still a small chance that for whatever reason they choose to go another way...

To your second question: the units CANNOT make any official offer to you! The only real answer, official one, will be sent to the candidates in January by the traineeship office. Therefore everyone has to wait for that one!

But as said, if someone tells you that they have chosen you, then the chances are pretty high that you will be working for that unit.

Congrats to those, who have already got an offer, others: don't lose hope yet, you may also already be selected without knowing it!
lostdog

Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:25 am
hi, everybody,

I got a call yesterday from a unit of DG HR and they interviewed me 35 minutes Smile I guess this is the longest phone interview. It is possible that they have chosen me but I will have to wait for the official letter....this waiting is killing.

I hope everybody of you finds what they are looking for!
Best of luck to all!
PhyK

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:16 pm
rea wrote:hi everybody,

Hi Rea,

I am more or less in the same situation as you. Coincidentally, I also received a call from DG Enterprise and Industry. Which Unit did you receive the phone call from?

I actually had an interview with 2 persons within the Unit. They told me they would give me the offer but not official yet. I sent an email to enquire my application status but they then told me I would have received a reply from the Traineeship Office and that they could not make any commitments. I am therefore quite worried about the email. Who knows what will happen in the close boardroom??! However, what is interesting is that they have arranged a meeting with me in early January. so I don't really know what this indicates?!

It is such a torture to wait for the official answer. I do want a relaxed and care-free Christmas.
anemoniii

Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:48 pm
Hey guys/girls and potential colleagues,

I am really only interested in a position with the TRADE DG but they have been unnervingly quiet.
Has anyone received calls or emails from them? I mean other than the mass generated "Thank you for applying" and "The units are making their selection". Does anyone know (question to past trainees) if they generally don't conduct any phone interviews?
inculis

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:08 pm
anemoniii wrote:Hey guys/girls and potential colleagues,

I am really only interested in a position with the TRADE DG but they have been unnervingly quiet.
Has anyone received calls or emails from them? I mean other than the mass generated "Thank you for applying" and "The units are making their selection". Does anyone know (question to past trainees) if they generally don't conduct any phone interviews?

I only received generated email bounce I'm also very interested in this question, because DG TRADE is may first choice.

gt80

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:36 pm
@myrskypilvi:

- So according to you the Units cannot send you emails confirming their offers?!
- And the Traineeship office does not usually sends them before the expected date?!

I ask this because I was contacted twice by the same lady in DG Justice and she really seemed positive about my chances, but I still did not get any official email and I wonder if and who could I call to try to know something more...

Thanks
Klaus_B

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:52 pm
gt80 wrote:I ask this because I was contacted twice by the same lady in DG Justice and she really seemed positive about my chances, but I still did not get any official email and I wonder if and who could I call to try to know something more...
I was also told, that official offers are only sent by the traineeship office. And they shall do that in january(?).
myrskypilvi

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:05 pm
gt80 wrote:@myrskypilvi:

- So according to you the Units cannot send you emails confirming their offers?!
- And the Traineeship office does not usually sends them before the expected date?!

I ask this because I was contacted twice by the same lady in DG Justice and she really seemed positive about my chances, but I still did not get any official email and I wonder if and who could I call to try to know something more...

Thanks

gt80, that's exactly what I am saying. Obviously I am not working in the traineeship office, so I am not speaking in any official capacity, but in the past the traineeship administration has worked in the way that

- units cannot make any official commitments, and
- the Traineeship Office sends the official offer to everybody at the same time around the date indicated in the planning (around mid-January)

But you shouldn't be worried, I am quite certain that you will get the offer, but only in January! Congrats!
Marijo

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:13 pm
internship wrote:any information about DEVCO?

Hello everybody!
I was also wondering if anybody got an interview with ENV, AGRI or DEVCO?!

Thanks!

bea*

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:10 pm
Hi Marijo, I have no news from DEVCO at all, not even reading through the forum's posts therefore I think that they did not arrange any phone calls, is that possible? Anyone got a phone call or knows someone who did from EuropeAid - Devco?
rea

Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:03 pm
@PhyK

hi, yes, this sound simmilar to me and from what you say I think you're on the right track;) I don't really know which unit they called me from, the lady was really brief and didn't allow for many questions..

I'm just worried cause I have this other internhsip offer where I have to say next week if I accept or not, and there's no way I'm gonna here from the EC by that time..so some tough decision making here.

What do you think the potential EC traineeship is worth to employees compared to other internships? Hope it's not too much of a stupid question:)
myrskypilvi

Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:24 pm
rea wrote:

I'm just worried cause I have this other internhsip offer where I have to say next week if I accept or not, and there's no way I'm gonna here from the EC by that time..so some tough decision making here.

What do you think the potential EC traineeship is worth to employees compared to other internships? Hope it's not too much of a stupid question:)

Rea,

theoretically saying you could always accept the other offer & cancel if you get the EC traineeship. It's not the fine English art of doing things maybe, but these things happen all the time: people jump off moving trains because they decide to go the other way after all.

And how did the lady from the EC sound, what did she say to you? That they will probably make you an offer, or was it just an interview among several others.

What comes to the value of the EC traineeship compared to other internships: no, it's not a stupid question! Just that there is no clear answer. It depends a lot from what the other internship is, where, how long, what your tasks would be etc. And from where in the EC you would be doing your traineeship as well (let's be honest, even in the EC some trainees end up doing petty tasks & being unhappy with their experience).

But the value also depends a lot from where you are planning to go after the traineeship, which kind of career you will pursue. For some jobs there is almost nothing equal to a traineeship with the EU institutions, while for some others a traineeship at the EC is not more useful than any other, meaning that it depends more on the tasks itself you will be doing, not on the institution you are doing them for.

Just my five cents. Good luck, I am sure you will find the right way to go!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum