Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preselection phase

+45
Tsveta
aja
rea
PhyK
Mirunis
internship
drneo13
zyrte
Petra_OntheRoad
Klaus_B
alekcen
opperskip
joja
Mali
Marijo
Fikrie
Lauraalden
Montecito08
Econo
panos
myrskypilvi
batavia
hipersons
Notturna
tamara
erasoft
natalita
joserra30
ovca
julietteita
lill
cindylee
Aneena
fonfon_4
elina
ready4everything
s.giossi
XabaCs
inculis
tiana_suk
gt80
bea*
nikos1987
Ossory
lulu
49 posters
Go down
Gilwen

Preselection phase - Page 7 Empty Re: Preselection phase

Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:27 pm
@fonfon_4 : I am also desk 10 but I have already received an official offer (DG Envi and without prior interview) from the Traineeship Office. Maybe it depends on the DG and not on the Desk ?

I don't understand the logic behind this either. For the October 2011 Traineeship, positive and negative answers were sent at the same time.

Good luck and don't give up hope !
hipersons

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:36 pm
FYI, I've heard of a few people now who have received rejection letters today. However, I also personally know of a few people who have received confirmation they were listed as first choice in at least one unit yet have not received an offer yet. So, it's still a wild and crazy world out there.
elina

Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:43 pm
hello to everyone and happy new year!!
today i received my rejection email...so disappointed...although not that surprised-since nobody had contacted me for an interview- but still i was hoping...
anyway..
good luck to all of you who got the offer..!
flateric

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:47 pm
hello to everyone, congratulations to all of you!!! I have been contacted for an interview and until today I have not recieved any e-mail. (rejection or acceptance) you think I still have the chance? Or I should lose my hope?
Klaus_B

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:25 pm
flateric wrote:(...)I have been contacted for an interview and until today I have not recieved any e-mail. (rejection or acceptance) you think I still have the chance? Or I should lose my hope?
You shouldn´t lose hope. Selection procdure seems to be a little wired, because not all mails were sent at the same time. Just wait for the official mail with an offer or a rejection. Hopefully an offer Smile

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:49 pm
HI people...

First, congratulation to those who got accepted and those who still haven't got response... don't lose hope.

Just one question...

I am planning to apply for Oct 2012, and I opened my application yesterday, so far everything is clear expect one thing... where do I pick which 3 DGs as my choice? I haven't seen those in application... Maybe that's later?

Thanks a lot...

And again, good luck!
hipersons

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:58 pm
Looks like they ditched it in favor of just picking what kind of work you would be interested in. Which is much better in my opinion because lots of DGs have units that do the same type of work, and in the end that's the most important part anyway. Lucky you! It's after you select the type of traineeship.
Lauraalden

Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:00 pm
Hi, Mdenic!
I was preselected for the march traineeship, but not selected. That is why I decided to apply for october traineeship again. I am also surprised that there is no DG`s choice this time. I think there are 2 possibilities: maybe it will appear later or maybe they decided to change smth in application form so I advise you to wait a bit before submitting your application. I`m going to wait a bit too.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:32 pm
Yes... I was also confused about that too.

I only saw option for motivation letter in general for EC and that's it. No DGs, no units... Maybe depending of your motivation and educational background and work experiance thay put you in DG they want?? Which is a bit silly... but I don't know Shocked

Lauraalden, maybe we should contact them and ask... hmm? What do you think?
lulu

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:06 pm
Something strange just happened to me...
I received yesterday the rejection email. They asked me to let them know if I am not available anymore in the case of a late selection. Today a few hours ago, I sent them an email telling them that I will not be available and that I want them to remove me from the BB.

They confirmed me that they received my mail and now I have just received an email from ENTR, my first choice, asking me if I would be interested in a traineeshiip. I don't understand how and I don't know what to do now

So...definetly don't loose hope
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:19 pm
lulu - probably they had your CV among printed out interesting CVs since quite some time, the person who was selected got the offer one of those days and contacted the unit to reject the offer, so they contact you now to see if you're still interested.
lulu

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:32 pm
Aneena wrote:lulu - probably they had your CV among printed out interesting CVs since quite some time, the person who was selected got the offer one of those days and contacted the unit to reject the offer, so they contact you now to see if you're still interested.

I also thought that this is a late selection but as I told them I was not available I believed that there is no chance of being contacted. Now I don't know whether I could still accept an offer after sending them that email and probably after being removed from the BB. Except for this, if I am interested in ENTR's traineeship I'll have an interview so there is not 100% sure that I will receive an offer.
As I have already an offer for an intership that starts in february I don't know if is wise to take any risks now...I rejected the offer form the EP and I said that I won't do the same if I have an offer form the EC so now...
I'm reaaaally confused.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:42 pm
Than, accept... do the interview, if they say yes, go with EC, if no... you can still do internship in February... or is there some other obstacle? :/
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:52 pm
Yes - but you told the traineeships office you were not interested and not the unit. This is why they called you to ask if you are still interested - it is a very last moment to select trainees, so it's faster to call and ask.
If you do not want the traineeship just tell the unit so that they can select another stagiaire.
lulu

Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:54 pm
Thank you aneena and mdenic 85 for you advice.
Finally,I decided to try again in october because I was not sure that the EC will sign my papers to validate my year, and eventhough, the position offered was very interesting it was nothing sure and by the time I would have received an answer from the EC I would have signed the contract with the company where I'll do my internship.
So hopefully I'll be lucky next time.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum