Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ossory

Reference letters. Empty Reference letters.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:53 pm
Did anyone include a reference letter from their employer or university tutor? Do you think it honestly adds to the overall score of one's application, thus, perhaps, helping pass the pre-selection?

Reference letters. Empty Re: Reference letters.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:59 pm
I also wanted to ask this? Personally, I think it does makes some "additional pluses" but, not that much?
Montecito08

Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:01 am
As far as I understand, it will help you in the preselection, but not afterwards. Getting through the preselection should not be too difficult, providing that you have a distinctive profile (good motivation, work experience and study abroad experience).
s.giossi

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:42 pm
Getting through the pre-selection is difficult indeed. It depends on national quotas so for some countries there is just one place out of 5, or out of 10 for instance, as for Italians. Your distinctive profile does not suffice, as many other people have all the requirements.
mafalda83

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:37 pm
I passed too!!! I'm sooo happy!

What's next? Shall we wait calmly or try to contact our target DG?

Good luck to everyone! Smile
Montecito08

Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:47 am
References cannot be seen past preselection. The only information available for people making a choice for a trainee are the things filled in in the online form. Diplomas or cvs are not visible.
s.giossi

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:21 pm
No, that's wrong. Anything is visible, diplomas as well as reference letters.
Ossory

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:59 pm
s.giossi wrote:No, that's wrong. Anything is visible, diplomas as well as reference letters.
How do you know that?
Montecito08

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:56 pm
These are visible before preselection, but not in the virtual blue book(VBB). There are no attached pdfs or anything like that in the VBB. So references do not matter in that sense; but could matter when you send your cv to head of units.
bea*

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:32 pm
So did anyone of you guys add a reference letter other than the cv in your "lobbying" e-mail? I haven't added it, because I did not want to exaggerate, however, now I think maybe it would not be a bad move... What do you think?
elina

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:15 am
bea* wrote:So did anyone of you guys add a reference letter other than the cv in your "lobbying" e-mail? I haven't added it, because I did not want to exaggerate, however, now I think maybe it would not be a bad move... What do you think?

i haven't added it neither..but all of my friends who had done lobbying before suggested i only send an email with a short description of me (sth like a cover letter but small) and attach a cv..i don't know..
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum