Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mafalda83

Server down Empty Server down

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:54 am
Hi guys,

Yesterday evening I was trying to finally submit my application and I think that the server went down, because each time I try to access it I get the following 'error message':

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

I hope it will be solved today, because I'm starting to panic! Did you experienced the same problems? Do you know how long it will take to repair it?

Thank you in advance and good luck!
Felicitas

Server down Empty Re: Server down

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:50 am
Hi mafalda,

I also recognized that yesterday. The worst thing is that I am convinced that the server problem is due to overload because a lot of people want to submit their application now.

Even the button "Contact" at the webpage shows this error.

The question is how we can contact the Traineeships Office and what do they mean by our "network support team" if the problem is on their webpage?

Hope we find out something.

Good luck until then

Felicitas
tomaszkulawik

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:53 am
The problem has not been solved yesterday and persists as of today. Hopefully they will fix it and extend the deadline, otherwise some of us won't be able to submit their applications. I'm just wondering whether everyone has been facing the same issue as the server is down or maybe some people are nevertheless able to access the website.
Alessia

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:58 am
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing the same problem... hope they will fix it as soon as possible.

Cheers
Alessia
rosa.bxl

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:13 am
Hi everybody

I am having exactly the same problem and I don´t know what to do. I sent and email to another "contact email" and I hope the know what is happening. As Felicitas said, the "contact" button of the Traineeship website doesn´t work. So, what can we do more?

Good luck guys!

Rosa

rosa.bxl

Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:18 am
Guys, those are other emails that maybe we can use for our "complains"...

* The controller of the operations: The Director General of the DG EAC
* DG EAC's Data Protection Coordinator (EAC.R.6): eac-data-protection @ ec.europa.eu
* DG EAC's Informatics Security Coordinator (EAC.R.6) : eac-liso @ ec.europa.eu (Local Informatics Security Officer)
* The Commission Data Protection Officer (SG.SGA.DP): data-protection-officer @ ec.europa.eu

I took them from google... well, just some options in case they don´t solve the problem.

Cheers

Rosa
lulu

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:32 pm
I've just submitted my application. It works Very Happy.

Good luck to you all Smile
Alessia

Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:45 pm
Yes now it works Very Happy

Good luck to everyone!!!

Alessia
mafalda83

Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:31 pm
Yes! I submitted it too! sunny

However, if there is someone else having this problem, here is the answer I've got from the traineeship office this morning (nothing new, but hope it helps somehow!):

"This is indeed frequently the case right before the deadline. We strongly recommend not to wait until the end because this always happens because too many candidates log in at the same time. The only advice we can give is keep on trying and try possibly during weak hours during early morning or at night when less people are likely to log in.
Kind regards"

Good luck to everyone! Smile

Mafalda
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum