Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Gteo

Translation Traineeship-Application Empty Translation Traineeship-Application

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:18 am
Hello everyone, Very Happy

I am currently filling out my Translation Traineeship Application form and I have a major dilemma: when I first started filling in my personal details, I read that only the "Motivation section" should be written in my mother tongue/target language, and now, when I started adding my education/experience etc. I saw that it says I should fill in the entire form in my mother language.

This is quite confusing. Does anyone know how this should be done? Is it the entire form or only the motivation section that I should fill in using my mother tongue?

PS. Anyone else applying for a Translation Traineeship?

Thanks!
lulu

Translation Traineeship-Application Empty Re: Translation Traineeship-Application

Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:50 am
Gteo wrote:Hello everyone, Very Happy

I am currently filling out my Translation Traineeship Application form and I have a major dilemma: when I first started filling in my personal details, I read that only the "Motivation section" should be written in my mother tongue/target language, and now, when I started adding my education/experience etc. I saw that it says I should fill in the entire form in my mother language.

This is quite confusing. Does anyone know how this should be done? Is it the entire form or only the motivation section that I should fill in using my mother tongue?

PS. Anyone else applying for a Translation Traineeship?

Thanks!

I am applying for an administrative traineeship but here is the answer :
The on-line application form is available in English, German and French, which are the official working languages of the Commission. A very good knowledge of one of these three languages is compulsory in order to apply:

1. If you apply for an Administrative traineeship, you must use one of these three languages when filling in the free text fields;
2. If you apply for a Translation traineeship with DGT, you must fill in the free text fields using your main language, which must be one of the official languages of the European Union, Icelandic or Croatian.
here is also the link http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/application_en.htm

good luck.

Gteo

Translation Traineeship-Application Empty Re: Translation Traineeship-Application

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:11 pm
Thank you Lulu! That's what I thought too, but I was just nervous I didn't understand correctly.
So I assume my application will be dealt with by someone in the DGT, who speaks my mother-tongue.

I've been browsing this forum but there aren't very many topics on the Translation Traineeships. I'm just really curious how it goes.

Good luck to you too!
Gteo

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:40 pm
Sorry, one more thing dawned to me:

- the "motivation" section on the application form, how will you write it? as simple paragraphs, or in a proper "letter" format: Dear Sir/Madam etc etc?

Thanks!
sprinterka

Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:35 pm
Hi everybody!

I applied for DGT, but I didn't put any department as preference. I don't remember actually if that option was on the application form. Does it matter? What about you guys?
Cheers!
tina1985

Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:05 pm
Hi sprinterka!

I applied for DGT too, what department preference do you mean? I think there wasn't such an option on the application form... btw, I received the acknowledgment of receipt e-mail, did you?

ciao!!
sprinterka

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:10 pm
You're right. There wasn't such an option on the application form. I was confused and reading the forum I found out that such an option exist on the administrative traineeship application form only. I sent my application on 30th August. I didn't receive any mail yet. Should I be worried? Rolling Eyes

Ciao e in bocca al lupo!!!
tina1985

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:45 am
I sent it on 25th august, maybe you just have to wait some more days...
do you think there is strong competition also for us applying for DGT? I feel like my Cv is not that good, as I have too little work experience and I'm just finishing my MA... anyway, this is the first time I try, I'm Italian, what about you?

In bocca al lupo a tutti! Very Happy
sprinterka

Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:10 pm
[/quote] I feel like my Cv is not that good, as I have too little work experience and I'm just finishing my MA... anyway, this is the first time I try, I'm Italian, what about you?[quote]

Me too. Exactly the same thing. I'm finishing my LM, and this is also my first time to apply. With a little work experience too.
Regarding the competition..I don't know..I think that is rather strong, but it is worth to try. Wink
I am Montenegrin, but I graduated in Italy. Very Happy Nice to meet you. My country is not yet a member of European Union but candidate country. I don't know if that fact decreases my chances to win the internship. Rolling Eyes
Anyway, good luck to all. Incrociamo le dita. Smile
sprinterka

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:59 pm
Although nobody posted on this topic recently, I have to ask (in hope that somebody will give an answer to me) if somebody have received any response from DGT, either positive or negative. I haven't received anything except my confirmation mail at September.
tina1985

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:32 am
Hi sprinterka! I was wondering the same thing too...I am still waiting for a response, I read of people who have been already selected by DGT, maybe it depends on each single unit...the Italian one may require more time to select its candidates...

sprinterka

Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:35 pm
It could be. Let's hope we get chosen. Good luck! Smile
lomi

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:09 pm
Hi sprinterka and tina1985!

I also haven't received any response by DGT recently - and I'm loosing hope because mid January is there and there are people wo already got their acceptance note. I don't really know what's going on Smile

Good luck to everyone.
sprinterka

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:03 pm
Hi lomi!

Good luck to you too. Smile I am also suspicious and I think our chances are rather weak, because mid January is there, unless they are doing a late selection. Question It would be cool.
lomi

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:10 pm
Well, in any case they could have sent out the negative answers if they've finished the selection, like some others DGs did. So there is a small chance that they haven't finished the selection yet.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum