Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Ferrari

Previous EESC trainees opinion Empty Previous EESC trainees opinion

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:45 pm
I have just seen in the EESC page that I have been selected! I am really happy but I have some doubts and I would appreciate it if someone could give me their feedback on the traineeship experience.

- I have a job, well paid, but I am not happy in the company and that is why I applied for the traineeship. However, many doubts are coming to my mind right now and this is so annoying.
I am afraid of leaving everything, bearing in mind the economic conditions in Europe, and finding myself unemployed after the traineeship period. So, my question is: does the traineeship in the EESC make any difference in your CVs afterwards?
- Second doubt: let's say I have already been working for a while (I'm not a young trainee). Does anyone know the average age of trainees? I wouldn't like to feel like the grandaddy of trainees in Brussels...

I guess I would regret if I don't try but I'm afraid of my future...

Many thanks!
Aneena
Aneena

Previous EESC trainees opinion Empty Re: Previous EESC trainees opinion

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:52 pm
As for the age you find mostly people between 25-32 I would say, but also older.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:52 am
Thanks for your help.

Regarding the grant, the provisions state that maintenance grants are not subject to the special tax regulations applying to officials and servants of the European Communities.

Trainees are solely responsible for the payment of any taxes due on EESC maintenance grants by virtue of the legal regulations obtaining in the State concerned

Why kind of taxes are those due on EESC?

Many thanks beforehand!
ikaukiel

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:24 pm
I am very happy to have been selected for a traineeship this year, starting from October. However, I will probably have to leave my current job- which I also enjoy and like.

I would really love to hear from trainees and/or ex-trainees who have had a similar situation, any advices, what the experience has been. Is it worth taking the risk?
I still need to reach a decision and it's not as easy, so any insights will be extremely helpful and highly appreciated!
Thanks in advance :-)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum