Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
e8kylihe

Interruption of traineeship Empty Interruption of traineeship

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:13 pm
Does anyone following this forum have experience on interrupting the trainee period with a good cause. At least according to the rules it is a possibility.

I was thinking of asking the office for one month's interruption in December-January to finalize my final thesis research (I believe that could be a good enough cause). I thought that during Christmas/New Years it might be quite quiet in the office so it would be a good time to be absent, what do you think?
Montecito08

Interruption of traineeship Empty Re: Interruption of traineeship

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:42 am
You will get about a week off during Christmas. Apart from that, you will have to work; I don't think they will let you go very easily. However, this will depend on your supervisor.
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:27 am
There are 2 weeks off for Christmas + you get 10 days holidays, so if you put it all together you will have 1 month

but i don't think you can have an interruption of the traineeship, it's already very short - only 5 months, so if you make a break in it, it doesn't really make much sense at all
e8kylihe

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:29 pm
Thanks for the answers. I didn't know about the Christmas holidays. Seriously, two weeks during Christmas? Aneena, do you know if the official holidays are already posted somewhere. I don't think I'm the only one worrying about the flights to be booked.
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:49 pm
The last day we work is 22.12 and then the 3rd of January we start again.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:49 pm
Thanks, Aneena! That's very good to know. e8kylihe, you really weren't the only one who was wondering about this... santa
stsa24

Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:52 pm
You can find the official holidays in the OJ:

2009 OJ C 230/10

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum