Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
borynka

DG EMPL - any news from them? Empty DG EMPL - any news from them?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:58 am
Hi everyone,
I'm getting really impatient about this final selection... but there is still time...
Has anybody been contacted by a unit from DG EMPL? In any way?
I got just one reply to my lobbying e-mails, saying that they would keep me in mind, if they decided to use a stagiare...
Not very promissing, though =(

Rima

DG EMPL - any news from them? Empty Re: DG EMPL - any news from them?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:03 am
I got a reply from unit of Employment Analysis saying they have no vacancy for a trainee :/
borynka

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:19 am
They just called me!!! Cannot believe it! OMG I was so excited, that I even could not remember the name of the Unit and the person Sad arghhh
The man asked me if spoke French... but I do not, may be this might be a holdback to getting this so much desired Traineeship...
I have to keep in control my emotions more
Rima

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:29 am
Stop worrying! ;] If they called you, it means you are worth it! I'm sure everything will turn out just fine!
kiromoto

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:57 am
Hi!
I just got a call as well! it was G1 unit. He also asked me if I spoke French. Well I speak - beginner level... . We'll see! I am also very excited!
borynka

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:04 am
Hmm, very strange Smile

Then it means, that some of the units forwarded our lobbying e-mails to the Human Resources Unit of DG EMPL.
Is it possible that they choose the trainees for all Units in this DG?
I haven't expected this...

Good luck, hope we'll be the chosen ones! Smile
kiromoto

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:09 am
Sorry! it was C1 not G1 ... Embarassed
kiromoto

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:58 pm
I want to share my happiness with you. Smile Just got e-mail from the HoU C1. They want me and they are going to reserve me!!!! I am sooooo happy!!! No more waiting for me! But I am crossing fingers for you and I hope that we gonna meet in Brussels.
Rima

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:36 pm
I have been contacted by unit C3 and the head of the unit said I'm their Nr1 candidate and he wants to check if I am still available. It seems I will be reserved in the VBB by that unit and should get an offer. I am very excited and happy, but a bit nervous and afraid that something will go wrong Very Happy So I'm still a bit cautious about screaming to the whole world about my acceptance ;D

Btw, I got a call because I lobbied. I did not choose DG EMPL among my preferences at all. However, since I am currently writing a thesis on the topic related to the work of their unit I decided to send them an email with my updated CV and explanation on why this unit is suitable for me, and thus they got interested in my candidature.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum