Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E-mail/ receipt of application

+13
Loana
hendy
tiana_suk
Aneena
Rima
natalita
terri84
Laopa
BlackDaisy
lamazi
Franzi86
Magic
rena_sim
17 posters
Go down
rena_sim

E-mail/ receipt of application Empty E-mail/ receipt of application

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:07 pm
Hello everyone,

I just got an e-mail from the Head of the Traineeship Office saying that they got my application printed file etc.. Pretty good that we are informed becouse I was wondering when and if my envelope would be sent successfully!
By the way, I sent it on Friday.

I just wanted to share this information with all of you! So, good luck everyone! Very Happy
Magic

E-mail/ receipt of application Empty Re: E-mail/ receipt of application

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:12 pm
where are you from?
I didnt Sad
rena_sim

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:17 pm
I am from Greece, where are you from? As I've already said I sent it on Friday morning, but as a registered letter, that is to say, not by the plain way. When did you send yours?
Magic

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:19 pm
I am from Poland and I sent mine on Thursday evening...also as a registered letter.

Jezz..I am worried now Sad
rena_sim

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:44 pm
If you sent them on Thursday, I think it would go away on Friday, so wait until tomorrow. Until they open the envelopes and send e-mails, it will take time
Magic

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:05 pm
I am pretty sure that I sent everything Smile and that address was right. Hope they will receive it soon!
Franzi86

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:10 pm
I sent my letter (normal/not registered)) on Thursday, I think, and I got an email about an hour ago. I think they waited until the deadline was over to go through the letters and everyone will get their email in the next few days. With so many applications there's no way they can deal with all of them in one day.
rena_sim

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:18 pm
I think you are right, there is a lot of work to do. Actually, do we know approximately the number of applications? Can we estimate by the candidate number, I mean the numbers of each one
lamazi

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:36 pm
rena_sim wrote:I think you are right, there is a lot of work to do. Actually, do we know approximately the number of applications? Can we estimate by the candidate number, I mean the numbers of each one

usually there are about 6000 applicants, maybe even more, i guess.
BlackDaisy

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:37 pm
I sent my paper application on Saturday and I also received a notification today.
Magic

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:39 pm
everyone already did? Shocked
lamazi

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:36 pm
no, no. I am also still waiting Smile
Magic

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:44 pm
I think last year and maybe October session 2009 was the time when the biggest amount of candidates applied. It is not even that i think so..because I have seen number published by EP.

The reason is probably economic crisis and the fact there were hardly any jobs, especially for young people. For example in my country people were looking for a job in public sector just to be sure to get money on time and not to loose a job.

Now, it is much better on the job market, so I think number of appilications will be decliling, however this year might be still a lot.

I am not an economist or something but these are just my thoughts on this topic Very Happy Embarassed
Laopa

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:28 pm
lamazi wrote:no, no. I am also still waiting Smile

I'm still waiting too, I sent it yesterday by registered mail and the tracking system says the envelope left my country today!
terri84

Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:39 pm
I didn´t receive it as well and I sent it on Wednesday.
Magic

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:30 pm
Just got it Smile))

natalita

Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:52 pm
Me too, I think they are slowly getting back to everyone Smile
Rima

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:02 pm
I've sent my letter on Saturday from Netherlands by registered mail. However, the tracking system shows, that is was "shipped" only on Tuesday (1st February!). Does it mean that my application will be cancelled?? I am really angry at the post office, as on Saturday they assured me that it will be send out on Monday!

Today I went again to the post asking if there will be any stamp showing a date on which I actually brought my documents for the sending, and no one could answer me! So, if there is only one stamp indicating the shipping date (which is 1st February), then my documents will not be accepted for evaluation... It's unfair, as some people sent their applications only on Monday and if the post is doing their job properly, these people wont have problems like I do..
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:06 pm
For my application I sent the documents 6 weeks in advance, so I didn't have this problem Smile Don't do it in the very last moment.
If you gave the letter to the post on the 31st then the stamp is also from the 31st, so it should be fine, but you can learn a lesson from it for the future Smile
tiana_suk

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:12 pm
Yeah I also got mine 2 days after I sent it.
Rima

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:30 pm
Well, it was not the LAST minute, it was on the 29th January, so basically 2 days before the deadline Very Happy

Aneena, how could you've sent your application 6 weeks in advance if the application form opened only on the 1st January?
Aneena
Aneena

Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:50 pm
I think 2 years ago, when I was applying, it opened earlier. Or maybe I'm confused now, but I thought it opened earlier. For the summer application you have 2 months, but I'm not sure now when exactly it was, I just know I did it WAAAY before my friends who were all stressed running to the post office in the very last moment like at 17.59 when it closes at 18. I don't understand that and never will Smile
Rima

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:46 pm
Does anyone know if there will be some kind of notification by email even if the date of postage was after the deadline? I mean will they send something like "sorry, you did not meet the deadline and your application has been declined"?
rena_sim

Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:54 pm
I assume that they will even though it is clearly stated that these kind of applications will be rejected. Why? When did you send yours?
Rima

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 pm
I brought my letter to the post office on the 29th January (Saturday) and asked to send it by registered mail. However, it appears that the worker at the post office mixed up the registration stickers and instead of putting a sticker meant for the international sending, she put on a sticker meant only for deliveries in Netherlands! And today I received a letter from post stating that I must pay additional 4 EUR for the postage... I am so angry right now, you can't imagine! If my application is rejected because of the late postage date, I don't know what I will do to that incompetent worker for such a mistake!
rena_sim

Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:10 pm
Today that you received the letter from the post, did they tell you if the envelope is gone? I mean even today your file was at the post???

natalita

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:20 pm
I think that if you managed to get an official statement from the post office saying that it was the workers' fault or an official complaint file, it might be a base for accepting your application by EC. It is not your fault, after all, you took the letter to the post office on time.
rena_sim

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:23 pm
[quote="natalita"]I think that if you managed to get an official statement from the post office saying that it was the workers' fault or an official complaint file, it might be a base for accepting your application by EC. It is not your fault, after all, you took the letter to the post office on time.[/quot

I totally agree with natalita. Maybe this is going to work!
hendy

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:11 pm
I can tell you my experience from my previous application - I sent the documents before the deadline with the national carrier service (not post) and my application got returned 3 weeks later, saying that the address is incomplete! I cannot tell you how I felt at this moment.. I sent the traineeship office an e-mail describing my case and asking if I can send the application again. They asked for proof and I scanned the unopened envelope with the date and the address clearly visible. They said that they will accept it in this case, since it was originally sent before the deadline and it was not my fault... So i sent it again with express service.
However, I didn't even get pre-selected in that session (I got selected now) and I can't help but think that the delay was somehow behind it, because they fill the quotas by nations and maybe my nation's quota was filled by the time my application got in their hands...

I also think that if you can somehow show them that the delay was not your fault, they will accept the application! Good luck!

Loana

Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:42 pm
Hy Guys

Does anyone know if during the preselection stage we are going to have a phone interview or only at a later stage?

Thanks and Gd Luck to everyone!!!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum