Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Pinochet

Internship at EU agency, what grant to expect? Empty Internship at EU agency, what grant to expect?

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:24 pm
Through "unofficial" means other than the general EC application scheme, I find myself currently in the process of securing an internship at an EU agency with independent legal status. Think something among the ranks of EMSA or similar. I've been exchanging a couple of messages with my future boss and the $$$ topic hasn't come up yet.

Now I know that the regular EC interns are being paid a homogenous salary in the region of €1070. I've been looking at other comparable agencies publicly offering traineeships such as the EMSA, which is located in a rather cheap town (Lisbon) and they pay around 936 + travel expenses.

I'm worried about the issue, because I want the internship as a summerly "gap-filler" in between more lucrative occupations. With €1000 a month I guess I could break even for a few months, but anything lower will eat away my savings.

What should I expect?

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum