Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go again!

+33
terri84
lill
elina
jordanG
EUGirl
lalla
ntky
damianoos
aneta89
texas
borynka
mary85
Magic
bobblehat
Ann88
mgmoricz
Loana
efedanisman
rena_sim
Rinna
david322
Aneena
natalita
Laopa
myrskypilvi
anna17
davor
hendy
EUcitizen
tiana_suk
lamazi
tonita
krista
37 posters
Go down
lalla

Here we go again! - Page 5 Empty Re: Here we go again!

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:08 pm
oh well, I think they're done by now since I just got a phone call from one of my selected DGs Shocked Very Happy Shocked
texas

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:16 pm
u did? did u get any email or sth? there's no inrofmation on their website!
tiana_suk

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:23 pm
i can't see any results on their website! are you sure?
EUGirl

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:53 pm
Guys, don't worry - even if your email gets lost they will publish the candidate numbers. I assume they will only do that when they are done with all the applications. I'm sure we're divided into groups - some people will have info by now and some won't.
rena_sim

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:13 pm
Hello, I haven't received an e-mail too. Where will the results announced? Next to preselection that now says "ongoing"?

And also, why some are informed and not all of us?
jordanG

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:17 pm
rena_sim wrote:

And also, why some are informed and not all of us?

my question exactly. i thought they first send a positive email and then call you. *confused*
EUGirl

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:29 pm
jordanG - i thought so too. lalla, could you tell us more about who called you and what they said? Have you already had an email confirming you have been PRE-selected?
rena_sim

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:37 pm
Hello everyone, the numbers of the preselected candidates have been announced. I just checked the page. Unfortunately I am not inside..Sad

I wish you all goodluck!

And thank you for the conversation and help these months

elina

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:41 pm
hello everyone!
i just found this forum! super nervous to know that the results have been anounced, going to check now! goud luck to everyone!
tiana_suk

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:44 pm
yeah, me neither...so disappointed! Sad
tiana_suk

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:51 pm
so awful that i had to wait 5 months to find this out!!! oh i'm so angry! Evil or Very Mad
elina

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:54 pm
me neither....sooooo disappointed too!:-((
tiana_suk

Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:59 pm
I know... Sad I'm just surprised because last time I applied I wasn't preselected and in the mean time I had a really good job and took another MA and PgCE degree... I honestly thought it would help. So disappointed. I sent them an email about the details - number of points, etc... ARGH!
elina

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:03 am
i also thought that all my qualifications would help...4 foreign languages and a masteräs degree in european law...i mean, what more does one have to have to be considered a suitable candidate for an internship? i am so disappointed...
tiana_suk

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:05 am
tell me about it, two MA's, internship for the UN and Red Cross, etc... I really tried so hard to build up my CV from the previous time. Sad
rena_sim

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:21 am
I would like to share my thoughts with you..
I was also not preselected as I said before and I am disappoined too but..there is no reason to think and try to understand "WHY".. I am sure that almost everyone is qualified but I am convinced that there are many things that play significant role for this selection..

Believe me, I am also not in a good mood but the applicants were thousands, they took 2.500 now and finally they will take 600. Considering also the fact that most of us have masters, maybe PhD, and many languages..Considering also the fact that the lobby or the people sb might know who work inside, help also in some occassions. I don't say that whoever is preselected or selected, made this with that help but sometimes these facts indeed happening.

It doesn't worth trying to find the answers now, just aplly again and maybe again..if of course we wish to do so. It would be nice to be preselected but this is not the end of the world

So, goodluck again everyone with whatever you try to accomplish!

lill
lill

Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:44 am
@ lalla: which DG contacted you and what did they ask you during the interview?

is there anyone else that received a phonecall?
jordanG

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:24 am
im so disappointed as well Sad i asked for my grades. im actually disappointed cos i even have a phd in european studies from Cambridge and i thought i would make it this time Sad
terri84

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:21 am
Hi, and where did you find the results? I still can´t find them...
lalla

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:26 am
ludmilla_rei wrote:@ lalla: which DG contacted you and what did they ask you during the interview?

is there anyone else that received a phonecall?

It was DG ENTR. The girl who called introduced herself in my mothertongue, then we switched to English. She asked if I had been already contacted by other DGs (it was my second choice and no I hadn't - neither I was expecting it so soon!!), then she described the details of their traineeship project and asked if I was interested and let me talk a bit about my skills and studies. She checked the knowledge of the other languages I declared in the application (but didn't ask any question other than in English) and she said I was one out of 3 candidates they were going to call, and that I was the first, so she had to check on the other 2, then she would have called me again or sent an e-mail to tell me their decision. And that was it!
lalla

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:27 am
terri84 wrote:Hi, and where did you find the results? I still can´t find them...

http://ec.europa.eu/stages/lists/o11_preselected_en.htm
terri84

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:48 am
thank you Lalla, I wasn´t preselected as well, so next time Smile
krista

Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:30 am
I was pre-selected. Again. This is the third time, let's hope this time I finally get a traineeship!

Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:31 am
I just received the email that I am preselected. I am stunned - I really didn't expect this. Anyway, I would need some advice here.. I am abroad and will be until June 20th. So, the DGs won't be able to reach me by phone. Would you just write them an email?
lill
lill

Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:28 am
10x, Lalla:)

I have just noticed that in my application also gave my fixed phone but I will not be at home for the next 2 weeks. Do you know if they usually contact us on our mobile phones or they call the fixed phone too?
What to do in this case? Write the Traineeship Office and tell them about this?
Franzi86

Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:49 am
I didn't get preselected. I'm really upset and kinda shocked. I got preselected last time and since then I had improved my CV even more so I was honestly quite sure I'd pass the preselection phase again. I'm so disappointed Crying or Very sad
krista

Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:51 am
ludmilla_rei wrote:10x, Lalla:)

I have just noticed that in my application also gave my fixed phone but I will not be at home for the next 2 weeks. Do you know if they usually contact us on our mobile phones or they call the fixed phone too?
What to do in this case? Write the Traineeship Office and tell them about this?

If they really want to reach you, they will call all the phone numbers you list. Or email you to try to set up a phone conversation. But this much effort is only made for individuals deemed "the perfect fit" for a certain unit, which is a rare occurrence. Therefore, just in case, email the Traineeship Office ASAP and ask them to change your contact info. If you lobby, send your current phone number somewhere in the email.
krista

Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:53 am
Franzi86 wrote:I didn't get preselected. I'm really upset and kinda shocked. I got preselected last time and since then I had improved my CV even more so I was honestly quite sure I'd pass the preselection phase again. I'm so disappointed Crying or Very sad

Franzi, don't be disappointed. This happens often, and it has to do with the amount of candidates from your own country that applied and have maybe better qualifications. So in short, it means that this year there were a lot of applicants from your country, some with what the EC deemed "better credentials".

For example, my credentials are standard, but since there are not that many exceptional applicants from my country, I always get pre-selected (3rd time... I hope this time I actually get a traineeship)
tonita

Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:59 am
karla007 wrote:

For example, my credentials are standard, but since there are not that many exceptional applicants from my country, I always get pre-selected (3rd time... I hope this time I actually get a traineeship)

Smile You are so nice...!
Which is your favourite DG?
Congratulations and fingers crossed! sunny
fank

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:19 pm
hey my personal number is in the list of the preselected. I didnt receive the email yet. anyone the same?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum