Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more

+54
Clari
tobko
sufjan
l.one
marina
Aushrah
laura_m_
ricpanella
LeBluff
Lawyer
pepe
Mtr
Maria.S
Aleksandra
Marrra
Maggie007
GabrielaPrecup
NoName
marigzl
rids
visitor4567
r064
mnuaprk
pepp
kovt
Mimoza
masha
luthien.galadriel
Brizio
turani
aocmallow
MarionMarion
m1818
K.B
dimpa
Ann11
Tichaona
banderlogs
Anonymous117
edoz
bennett
zuz_
AeonG
martin.takacs
katerisa
Sylvia_Ath
anna.a
1m8r
mzz
nkhurtsi
dancingpanda
martynana
StbzzStbzz
mo.nica
58 posters
Go down
bennett

A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more - Page 2 Empty Re: A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:00 pm
Hi!

I received a call from my first-choice a few hours after they got access to the Blue Book. They interviewed me there and then, in English and French, and said they would get in contact in 'a few days' to let me know the outcome. That was 9 days ago so I'm not sure what the situation is. I also received a call from a different department yesterday that wasn't in my preferences to ask me whether I'd be interested in working for them. They said they'd also let me know the outcome in the coming weeks. It seems to be different for each department. I'm sure it's possible that candidates are reserved without being told, so that might be the situation I'm in, but I'd at least have expected to hear back from the first one by now. Fingers crossed.
anna.a

A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more - Page 2 Empty Re: A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 pm
Dear Bennet!

I am happy for you! Could you write which DG contacted you!?
Thanks and good luck
edoz

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:23 pm
One thing I would like to point out is that the fact you are being selected by the DG doesn't mean you will get the final offer. Contrary to common view that basically an informal offer = formal selection, during the last selection in autumn 2017 I was selected informally by one of the agencies, I was their preference, but in the end Traineeship office made a different choice.

I almost wrote my resignation from my job that time, since I was thinking I had it... So be careful. Best of luck to everyone!
Anonymous117

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:43 pm
Hi all!

I was wondering if aynone who has applied to Esther EAC, EMPL or EACEA has had any interviews or e-mails back from lobby mails. And does anyone know how long it generally takes for the TO to spend out the official offers? I know their website says spthe start sending out offers at the end of June. However, looking at previous posts it seems like it could even be late July as well. I've got another job application going on as well but actually preference the EU.

I have been in touch with three DGs, two enquiring my interests and one phone interview. The latter said they would let me know by this week but so far I haven't heard back from them. Anyways, just need to be more patient I guess and good luck to y'all!
mo.nica

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:43 pm
Hi, all.
I also lobbied to EEAS and I did get 2 replies: they do not have a trainee quota for Oct 2018. According to what I got from you and also from reading the previous year's postings, I believe the selection has just started, it not even close to being over.
banderlogs

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:26 am
Just out of curiosity - has anyone applied to DG SANTE or RTD? I only had one interview with one of the units of SANTE and I lobbied but no reply so far so I'm just wondering if they could already be done with their selection.
nkhurtsi

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:46 am
Hi guys,
anyone non-EU here? if yes-any contacts made so far?
Could there be a chance that non-EU candidates get the replies later than others?

Best of luck!
Tichaona

Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:26 am
I applied for DG JUST and Legal Service, lobbied, got two calls from Units I had not lobbied (both DG JUST). It seems like the lobbying system was slowly wearing out, which frankly I would consider a blessing. Anyway, has anyone heard any details from DG Just by chance? Or anything at all from LS? I was told that I would hear back from them "in a while". Did anyone get more details than that on the DG JUST procedure?
banderlogs

Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:30 am
Is there anyone at all who has already received their results? Very Happy At this point, it seems as if nobody knows anything.
Ann11

Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:32 pm
I didn’t’ lobbied and I was contacted by DG taxud last week it was my first choice, they asked me if I was interested  and well I was a little bit confused about the selection process so they told me that it was not an official offer and they will reply definitely in the last week June - first week July. By the way, I wasn’t contacted by others DG’s so I guess that every DG works in different way.
My second choice was legal service but they don't contacted me, so I don't know if I was booked by my first choice or what happens... it's a mistery of blue book..
AeonG

Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:41 am
I was contacted by DG taxud last week it was my first choice, they asked me if I was interested and well I was a little bit confused about the selection process so they told me that it was not an official offer and they will reply definitely in the last week June - first week July.

Same experience with a different DG (my first choice). I was a bit confused about the selection process.
dimpa

Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:00 pm
Hi all! Does anyone have any idea when we will be notified for the final selection? More specifically, does anyone know about DG COMP? Thank you in advance!
banderlogs

Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:23 am
No idea. If you read the old topics from previous years, the dates vary, some people received the results in July, others in August. There is no way of knowing.
StbzzStbzz

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:32 am
banderlogs wrote:Is there anyone at all who has already received their results? Very Happy  At this point, it seems as if nobody knows anything.

I heard from a source that the results have not yet been given.... could be wrong though...

Hope everyone is/has been having good conversations for the selection procedure! Looking forward to hear your experiences!

Cheers and good luck!
K.B

Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:49 pm
I didnt receive any approach... Should I be worried or they still selecting people?? Thanks.
martynana

Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:55 am
Hey everyone,

I got a call yesterday so seems that the selection is not yet over, don't lose hope!
m1818

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:51 pm
Hello everyone,

What email address is one meant to use for ECHO? I cannot find it on the list.

Thank you!
MarionMarion

Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:53 pm
Man! I did not know lobbying was a thing and just found out discovering this forum... Hating myself right now, I feel like such a noob!! Shocked Crying or Very sad
Well better late than never, I just wrote the DGs I'm interested in but I'm not sure it looks too good right now..

I'm a researcher. Anyone else have a scientific profile and has been contacted by a DG related to Research and Innovation?
banderlogs

Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:24 am
Yup, I got an email from them last week, they said that they had already found a trainee :/
aocmallow

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:48 am
I received an offer from DG Legal Service this morning Smile good luck everyone
banderlogs

Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:56 am
I received an offer from DG Sante as well, 10 minutes ago Smile
turani

Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:21 am
Hey, I also received an offer from DIGIT Very Happy good luck to you all, and don't lose hope! Smile
Brizio

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:08 am
MarionMarion wrote:Man! I did not know lobbying was a thing and just found out discovering this forum... Hating myself right now, I feel like such a noob!! Shocked Crying or Very sad
Well better late than never, I just wrote the DGs I'm interested in but I'm not sure it looks too good right now..

I'm a researcher. Anyone else have a scientific profile and has been contacted by a DG related to Research and Innovation?

I am also a researcher (physics) and I just got an offer from ERCEA, without any lobbying. I was simply contacted by them a couple of weeks ago, and I don't feel that it was necessary, so don't blame yourself too much. I had put the DG Research and Innovation in my list as well, but I was never contacted (I guess there are more scientists applying than I thought).

Good luck!
luthien.galadriel

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:14 am
Hi everyone!

I only lobbied for my first option (EEAS), and I haven't heard back from them at all.
Does anyone know when they will send out offers, and if not being contacted for an interview means that you are automatically out?
I have no experience at all and heard so many different things from people that I don't know what to think.
Thank you!
turani

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:31 am
I lobbied my first three options, and I got an offer from a forth one, that I didn't even consider, without being contacted by anyone for interview. So, this doesn't mean at all that you're out.
martynana

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:33 am
I also got an offer from EACEA, quicker than I expected!
StbzzStbzz

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:40 am
I also received an offer today... but from what I read on other forums from the previous years, I believe offers even go until August? Also, indeed not being contacted and/or not lobbying does not mean not getting an offer, I think departments/services just go through the database and pick candidates - sometimes without contacting you..

Don't lose hope and definitely hope to see you in Brussels!
luthien.galadriel

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:41 am
OK, let's hope. Maybe some units are slower... ahaha. I wanna go so badly! Hope to see you there too!
masha

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:23 pm
Guys, if we have been sent an offer through the system this means that no other offer will be proposed to us?

also, do you know what is the emchanism for DGs to choose trainees? I guess they don't look through hundreds of profiles, so do they use some key words to screen all applications and then choose mose relevant based on the desired key word search results?

besos
StbzzStbzz

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:40 pm
Hope to see you there too luthien, definitely let me know if you hear anything!

@masha from what I understand only one offer will be made that can be accepted, if you don't accept it you will have to reapply for the next session....

in one interview I asked the question of how they search.. and I heard they use keyword search yes... and by sending them an email of interest I think it can help to get on the radar.. some call this 'lobbying,' I think its just showing interest!

besos
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum