Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more

+54
Clari
tobko
sufjan
l.one
marina
Aushrah
laura_m_
ricpanella
LeBluff
Lawyer
pepe
Mtr
Maria.S
Aleksandra
Marrra
Maggie007
GabrielaPrecup
NoName
marigzl
rids
visitor4567
r064
mnuaprk
pepp
kovt
Mimoza
masha
luthien.galadriel
Brizio
turani
aocmallow
MarionMarion
m1818
K.B
dimpa
Ann11
Tichaona
banderlogs
Anonymous117
edoz
bennett
zuz_
AeonG
martin.takacs
katerisa
Sylvia_Ath
anna.a
1m8r
mzz
nkhurtsi
dancingpanda
martynana
StbzzStbzz
mo.nica
58 posters
Go down
Lawyer

A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more - Page 5 Empty Re: A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:09 am
Thank you for the reply
Mimoza

A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more - Page 5 Empty Re: A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:16 am
Did you someone also received that e-mail?

"Dear candidate,

At this stage of the selection process the Traineeship Office sent already all the traineeship offers. If you have not received one it means that you were not reserved by any of the services.

Some reserved candidates, due to different reasons withdraw their application before the Blue Book session starts. Therefore, those not reserved may still be given this opportunity. If however, the candidate does not hear from the Traineeship Office before October, it shall mean that her/his application was not selected.

Kind regards,

EEAS TRAINEES HQ"
Maggie007

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:34 pm
Yes i did
kovt

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:39 pm
I also received this email. I wonder did you guys receive this kind of email automatically, or EEAS TRAINEES HQ sent it to you following your request for information?
K.B

Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:11 pm
I also received this email from the EEAS as a very late reply to my request for information.
marina

A new session: Units; Lobbying; Interviews; Selection; Shortlists; Offers; and more - Page 5 Empty i got this today

Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:57 pm
The recruitment process is over, DGs have already confirmed their choices and placement offers have been sent to candidates.

Unfortunately you have not been selected as there are more candidates on the Blue Book data base than there are places available to recruit.

You have however been put onto a reserve list (in case of cancellations) which remains open until mid-November.

We would like to thank you for your interest in our traineeships programme & EU affairs and we do wish you - most heartily - every success with your future endeavours.

Many kind regards,
The Traineeships Office
kovt

Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:43 pm
Received that same message
l.one

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:29 pm
Is every non-selected candidate automatically placed in the reserve list or is it a "priority" list?
Did everyone who was not selected, received the same message about being put into the reserve list?
Are there some not selected ones who however also were not put in the reserve list?
marina

Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:39 pm
i dont know but i was quite surprised i did not get the traineenship because three departments contacted me and one out of them called me and wanted to write them that i would prefer them over the other two since the departments were in the same agency.

i heard that if they contact you it means that probably they will take you but now i see that it doesnt...

Last edited by marina on Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
sufjan

Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:49 pm
I didn't get a reply as some of you guys did. Did they send you that e-mail as a response of your inquiries or just automatically? If I haven't been contacted so far, does it mean I haven't been assigned a DP and I'm in the reserve list? By the way, I don't know if there's any difference but I applied for the journalism traineeship.
tobko

Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:53 pm
Hey Smile

has anyone received an offer from the DG for communication yet?

I am asking because that's the one that called me in June.

Good luck to everyone! Smile
Clari

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:59 pm
Hi everyone,
as of today I am literally PANIKING. So I got the shortlisted email the 13 of July and sent all docs immediately. A friend of mine sent the documents 2/3 days before the due date but got the offer last week. I didn't receive anything yet... I don't know what to do, also because I was told I would get an offer be the end of July.
LeBluff

Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:03 pm
I wouldn't panic, the email I received stated they send offers until the 15th of September, on this forum people were saying the majority received offers in mid August last year, still lots of time to receive an offer
Clari

Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:18 pm
LeBluff wrote:I wouldn't panic, the email I received stated they send offers until the 15th of September, on this forum people were saying the majority received offers in mid August last year, still lots of time to receive an offer

I know, the point is that finding a place in Brussels seems impossible even now! Plain tickets are incredibly expensive from Italy, and I'd have to quit my job giving a 30 days notice. I was, and still am, so stressed because my friend got the offer not even 3 days after sending the email with the docs Crying or Very sad
tobko

Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:50 am
Clari wrote:
LeBluff wrote:I wouldn't panic, the email I received stated they send offers until the 15th of September, on this forum people were saying the majority received offers in mid August last year, still lots of time to receive an offer

I know, the point is that finding a place in Brussels seems impossible even now! Plain tickets are incredibly expensive from Italy, and I'd have to quit my job giving a 30 days notice. I was, and still am, so stressed because my friend got the offer not even 3 days after sending the email with the docs Crying or Very sad

As far as I understood, it is the DGs themselves now which are sending the offers. So there might be some variation as to when each of them notifies their interns. Don’t stress ;-)
Clari

Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:36 pm
I am so glad I found this forum!!! Lets keep finger crossed for everybody ❤️
Rikis

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:14 pm
I am glad I found this forum as well Laughing ohh, I do not panic however I look forward to the news Rolling Eyes
Clari

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:51 am
Hi everyone,
so who received the offer? I got mine a few week ago and was going through the "to do list" before departure. Do you know what this means?
"If the distance between your actual place of residence and the place of assignment is more than 50 km you can request a flat-rate travel reimbursement after you take-up your duties. You will receive the amount regardless of the means of transport; we do not need any receipt nor tickets to be able to pay this amount.
Please note that no request for a change of address of the actual place of residence will be granted once the traineeship has started."

Do they refer to the accommodation in Bruxelles or the actual city you live in? Like if I come from Rome do I have to ask for it?

Rikis

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:57 am
Could you tell us which DG sent you the offer? Thanks
Clari

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:58 am
Rikis wrote: Could you tell us which DG sent you the offer? Thanks

Directorate General: Cabinet of the Secretary General

Unit: European Union Visitors Programme Unit (EUVP)

Rikis

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:02 pm
Clari wrote:
Rikis wrote: Could you tell us which DG sent you the offer? Thanks

Directorate General: Cabinet of the Secretary General

Unit: European Union Visitors Programme Unit (EUVP)

I am still waiting Sad
Clari

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:08 pm
in the email I received it said selection process was over, but it may depend on departments. Did you try to ask for info? I know this year they got so many candidates and not much availability for all of them (I think was an Italian forum)
Rikis

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:20 pm
Clari wrote:in the email I received it said selection process was over, but it may depend on departments. Did you try to ask for info? I know this year they got so many candidates and not much availability for all of them (I think was an Italian forum)

I did not ask, because in the email I received it said "You may receive an offer by email until 15 September 2018". So, I have the chance until 15 Sept. I hope...
Clari

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:22 pm
Rikis wrote:
Clari wrote:in the email I received it said selection process was over, but it may depend on departments. Did you try to ask for info? I know this year they got so many candidates and not much availability for all of them (I think was an Italian forum)

I did not ask, because in the email I received it said "You may receive an offer by email until 15 September 2018". So, I have the chance until 15 Sept. I hope...

I'll keep my finger crossed for you! Still I don't understand that if I need to ask for a refund for moving or not... they are so vague... pale
Rikis

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:27 pm
Clari wrote:
Rikis wrote:

I'll keep my finger crossed for you! Still I don't understand that if I need to ask for a refund for moving or not... they are so vague... pale

Thank you, Clari Wink and good luck to you!
visitor4567

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:35 pm
Interesting. I was not selected by the end of July but to my surprise I received an email yesterday from one DG (which I hadn't chosen in the process) asking my availability yesterday.  I replied some hours later. Shall we see if someone else got the job!
Lea92

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:45 am
Hi there! Were any of you selected for the October 2018 traineeship in the end?

If so, while we March 2019 folks wait for our selection results, would you agree to share your experience with us on here? Is the traineeship everything you'd dreamed of and more? I hope it is! Smile
npnb

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:17 am
Hey guys! I'll be doing a stage starting from March and I'm still looking for accommodation. I figured I might ask if any of you are moving out and might want to hand over your current place? Very Happy
AAH

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:15 pm
Hi! Same situation here! Smile Just let me know if there is some available place Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum