Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Avenger

What are my chances? Empty What are my chances?

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:15 am
Hi everyone!!!

Well, i study Mechanical Engineering in Greece.

1. Do i have any chances landing an internship in an EU institution? I know english and french btw. Im most interested in EEAS, but other bodies will not hurt Smile

2. When the internship ends, will i get a job offer? I would really like to work for the EU...

Thank you in advance!!!
jddcorte

What are my chances? Empty Re: What are my chances?

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:54 am
1) They select you based on a set of different criteria: academic background (also looking at university), professional background, languages, international experience.
2) Job offer: zero chance. You need to take a separate EPSO exam for that.
MiguelB

Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:04 am
Avenger wrote:Hi everyone!!!

Well, i study Mechanical Engineering in Greece.

1. Do i have any chances landing an internship in an EU institution? I know english and french btw. Im most interested in EEAS, but other bodies will not hurt Smile

2. When the internship ends, will i get a job offer? I would really like to work for the EU...

Thank you in advance!!!

Hi Avenger,

I think you have a chance. But it's important to choose a field and DG that matches your study and/or work background. EEAS is by far the most popular DG and they receive tons of applications. Unless you've already done some kind of high level internship/traineeship in the EEAS field, I would focus on another DG.

Also, when you have a master diploma you have more chances than when you only have a bachelor. Erasmus mobility also helps a lot, and so do language skills (the more languages you speak the better); especially to get you through the 1st pre-selection round.

Good Luck!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum