Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EP Traineeship March 2018

+52
dlm
b.a.a.
AnitaCg
ines
b474
hl5
etetet
Ana_C
STC
Ad-hoc
Ire_ne
ma_19
ziliaa
map.pineiro
magav
mipw
nann
Kili
FannyMA
africaas
psgon
Matilda.11
ALE_LSE
b_va_94
acsm
FrancoIrish
fh14
ZahraG
Marghe91
krjala
EDG93
Ale__Ma
raadvi
Sng
Ninjaklas
sandras_2
Mirin23
zygoticmynci
Irish1994
Luluu
Kakiedo_
castorsia1
AncaD
Els
MiguelB
maryS
nh5
dekey
Imogen
carolinacm30116
dr652
jddcorte
56 posters
Go down
castorsia1

EP Traineeship March 2018 - Page 7 Empty Re: EP Traineeship March 2018

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:30 pm
Thanks Raasvi for your answer.
B_va_94 I also applied for the journalism option.
Etetet, unfortunately I can't illuminate you on your queries, as the procedure is not exactly transparent... I suggest not to care about it too much. Que sera sera...

Stay stronk everybody.

Last edited by castorsia1 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matilda.11

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:32 pm
raadvi wrote:
castorsia1 wrote:Raadvi, you were selected, or you enquired about your status (whether you are selected or in reserve) ? I also fired an email with the same question, and to confirm that they properly received my documents, in Monday, but they didn't reply...

I inquired information about my status on the 3rd of January through their website, so I think this email I received today was an answer to that.
I can assume that I am on the reserve list now

How did you get information from the website?
Luluu
Luluu

Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:26 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think none of us got an offer today? Which means that maybe this hasn't happened yet:
fh14 wrote:Hi all!
A current trainee there just called the office on my behalf and spoke to an Italian employee who said they have not finished and will continue sending out more offers tomorrow. So if you're still waiting to hear back (like me), try to hang in there one more day!
which means we can hope until Monday? Or maybe I'm just deluded Laughing
Matilda.11

Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:57 pm
I just got an offer an hour ago. But in my home country so I have to think about it...
magav

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:01 pm
Hello has anyone who has received an offer and accepted it received any confirmation email?

Sent from Topic'it App
ALE_LSE

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:16 pm
Matilda.11 wrote:I just got an offer an hour ago. But in my home country so I have to think about it...

Did you receive an offer from EP or from a company in your country? Just to understand if they sent offers between yesterday and today, or not. It looks like anyone got an offer neither yesterday nor today, just last Wednesday, isn't it?

Any new candidate from HR/or applicant for the Directorate of Personnel?

Congrats again to those who received an offer!
Matilda.11

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:21 pm
ALE_LSE wrote:
Matilda.11 wrote:I just got an offer an hour ago. But in my home country so I have to think about it...

Did you receive an offer from EP or from a company in your country? Just to understand if they sent offers between yesterday and today, or not. It looks like anyone got an offer neither yesterday nor today, just last Wednesday, isn't it?

Any new candidate from HR/or applicant for the Directorate of Personnel?

Congrats again to those who received an offer!

Since everyone who got an offer have 3 working days to decline or say yes, I suppose someone got this offer and declined, and that I was next in line.

I got it from EP, "stages"
psgon

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:19 pm
Hey guys,

I also received an offer today for the Directorate-General for Parliamentary Research Services; Unit: Human Resources Service, Brussels.

Wishing you the best of luck!
africaas

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:37 am
Hi, everybody!

I applied for the journalism option and I received an offer on Wednesday for the Directorate-General for Communication in the Press Unit. Today a friend of mine told me she had received an offer through the journalism option as well but to work in Madrid. Don't know if this information can help anyone...
ma_19

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:54 am
Can anybody from those who have been selected tell how many days you were given to either accept or decline an offer ?
magav

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:58 am
ma_19 wrote:Can anybody from those who have been selected tell how many days you were given to either accept or decline an offer ?
We have 3 working days from the day we will receive the email. Personally i have accepted the offer but i haven't receive any confirmation email in order to know if everything are ok.

Sent from Topic'it App
raadvi

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:51 pm
Matilda.11 wrote:
raadvi wrote:
castorsia1 wrote:Raadvi, you were selected, or you enquired about your status (whether you are selected or in reserve) ? I also fired an email with the same question, and to confirm that they properly received my documents, in Monday, but they didn't reply...

I inquired information about my status on the 3rd of January through their website, so I think this email I received today was an answer to that.
I can assume that I am on the reserve list now

How did you get information from the website?

Not exactly from the website, but there is a link where you could ask questions, so I just sent my questions through that link
Ire_ne

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:53 pm
Hello guys and best of luck to all!

I got shortlisted for a traineeship starting on February 1st 2018 (I also had a phone interview on November). I am really anxious as I haven't received any offer yet and my traineeship is supposed to start in 15 days.

Do you believe that I still have chances? I applied for the HR Department.

Thank you in advance.
vitalka

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:18 am
Hello everyone! Wink

I have some doubts cause all of you wrote you got offers in Brussels.
Does anyone have an offer in Luxembourg? Maybe there is small chance that they sent only offers from Brussels?
ma_19

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:29 am
Is the process of checking and verifying the documents of shortlisted candidates already over?
Can anybody find it out?
ALE_LSE

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:15 pm
Hi guys,

quick question for those who took part in an Erasmus programme. Did you mention it as part of your academic background listing the university with your home university or you reported the experience under the training and learning section? Thank you!
dlm

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:28 pm
Think I'm just going to give up hope of being selected at this stage and accept my offer for a traineeship at the Council of Europe instead.

Does anyone know if participating in a traineeship with the CoE will affect my eligibility for reapplying for an EU traineeship in October? I know if you've done a previous EU affiliated traineeship you are disqualified but not sure if it's the same for CoE?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:37 pm
dlm wrote:Think I'm just going to give up hope of being selected at this stage and accept my offer for a traineeship at the Council of Europe instead.

Does anyone know if participating in a traineeship with the CoE will affect my eligibility for reapplying for an EU traineeship in October? I know if you've done a previous EU affiliated traineeship you are disqualified but not sure if it's the same for CoE?

CoE is not a EU institution/agency. It is an international organization itself different from the EU, therefore it won't affect your eligibility for a future traineeship at a EU institution/agency.

https://www.coe.int/en/web/about-us/do-not-get-confused?desktop=true
FannyMA

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:09 pm
dlm wrote:Think I'm just going to give up hope of being selected at this stage and accept my offer for a traineeship at the Council of Europe instead.

@dlm no worries about that, I was a trainee at the CoE last September and that did not not prevent me from applying to EU institutions at all! They are aware of the fact that some people confuse it with the European Council, but when asked (in applications) if you have done a traineeship at an EU institution, it's a no; you can absolutely apply. And good luck Smile

In other news, does anyone have some insight on whether all DGs have already picked their candidates so we consider ourselves as the ones on the "waiting list", or we still have no idea??
etetet

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:10 pm
i pulled the old trick of someone from these msg boards of the past, and assume there s plenty of positions to be filled still, based on the fb group. obviously not everyone has fb, and not everyone will run to join the ep group, but there s about 35 ppl on the one for march, which makes me assume there remains some hope!

not counting on it, but not entirely pessimistic either.

i have to say, the ep process has been a lot less tormenting that the commission's, in my opinion.
FannyMA

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:13 pm
etetet wrote:i pulled the old trick of someone from these msg boards of the past, and assume there s plenty of positions to be filled still, based on the fb group. obviously not everyone has fb, and not everyone will run to join the ep group, but there s about 35 ppl on the one for march, which makes me assume there remains some hope!

i have to say, the ep process has been a lot less tormenting that the commission's, in my opinion.

Cool thinking!!!! Thanks Smile
vitalka

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:55 pm
etetet wrote:i pulled the old trick of someone from these msg boards of the past, and assume there s plenty of positions to be filled still, based on the fb group. obviously not everyone has fb, and not everyone will run to join the ep group, but there s about 35 ppl on the one for march, which makes me assume there remains some hope!

yes, it's possible Smile maybe we still have a chance to get an offer.

what do you think about my assuptions that they sent offers from Brussels but offers from Luxembourg and other cities are still not sent?
AnitaCg

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 pm
map.pineiro wrote:Hey guys. I got an offer for the Directorate-General for Security. Personnel and Planning Unit. Luxembourg. I applied for the human resources option, since that is my background on. However, they selected me for this directorate.

1. Does anyone know anything about this unit? Have found something on internet but not sufficient information.

And also,
2. Does anyone know if it is mandatory to start on March 1st?? Is it the actual starting date? I have an academic activity until March 3rd and I could be in Luxembourg on the 5th. I don't want to reject it, but does anyone know if this would be a problem?

Good luck to everyone and thank you!

This person got an offer from Luxembourg!

Idk if all offers are sent...we are 4 HR applicants in the forum without an offer... but who knows Rolling Eyes
Kili

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:17 pm
Hey I’m still waiting and keeping my fingers crossed! I’m a non-EU citizen
raadvi

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm
Guys, I emailed the EP trainees office and got an answer:

The process of verifying the documents is still ongoing. We will be sending the offers still this week and until 15/02/2018.
If you by any chance take part in any forum group, please be so kind and inform the candidates that unfortunately we are not able to reply to every single question.
Please also be sure that all the candidates that sent their documents and will have a chance to receive the offer will be properly informed.

So there is still hope guys!
nann

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:26 pm
Thank you very much raadvi!! It is good news.
vitalka

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:35 pm
Thanks raadvi Smile

If any of you will get an offer, please inform us here. We'll be very grateful.

mipw

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:05 am
Hi everyone,

I applied for the journalism option and received an offer on Friday for the Press Unit. I have accepted it but haven't got any answer or confirmation yet. I have emailed them again to ask if I would get one because I have another offer from somewhere else which I want to decline, but first I want to be sure everything is fine.
I need to inform the others by tomorrow, so was planning to call to get the info, however, I could not find any number.
Has anyone a good number or received a confirmation? I am sure everything should be fine, but it does make me a bit nervous Smile
Thanks and hope to see some of you soon in Brussels!
magav

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:12 am
mipw wrote:Hi everyone,

I applied for the journalism option and received an offer on Friday for the Press Unit. I have accepted it but haven't got any answer or confirmation yet. I have emailed them again to ask if I would get one because I have another offer from somewhere else which I want to decline, but first I want to be sure everything is fine.
I need to inform the others by tomorrow, so was planning to call to get the info, however, I could not find any number.
Has anyone a good number or received a confirmation? I am sure everything should be fine, but it does make me a bit nervous [smiley]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/smiley]
Thanks and hope to see some of you soon in Brussels!

Hello,
I have received the confirmation today but i think you must send your criminal record in order to be your acceptance valid and to have a confirmation that everything are ok.

Sent from Topic'it App
map.pineiro

EP Traineeship March 2018 - Page 7 Empty Doubt.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Hey etetet, could you tell us which one is the Facebook group you talking about?
Thank you!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum