Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EC Traineeship March 2018

+91
WeReAllInThisTogether
kovt
Nat_nat
Karllst44
alex4us
OleSea
a.kuba
jtrindade
Guido94
chanipie
Hanna Montana
trajkovski23
Alexofeurope
anxious applicant
Nicpapac
charlieh
gabi
Ba_beach
kgzs
Luciasb
Yrokep
Regulation5
ptheo
waitingyes
lilkd
Julita
Marrow
Inferio
Nejck
giogio
Imogen
tomas333
jazz
nadine91
lei
MiguelB
Kakiedo_
zdr123
freddiem
lili
Andrea12
kateq15
felvgs
ELV
maria12@
jesss139
lavil
vitSvit
yogiyo
DanielaT93
ehoward
Ale__Ma
EuroIntern
ireland93
clmclara
deepblue91
stefani90
KL01
VerAnt
epa
dekey
brrrknstock
GrVT
hugoferram
b474
mp999
l.one
oldy
ACC
lesley77
hl5
boradoli
Rina54
LM8
s_i_f
Nevermind91
bliebla
luduf
Lisa93
nomedellarosa
Efi
5kova
beamendes95
Sante
ds19
jddcorte
Kristina M.
dilyanai
gerda666
andreeamaria
rzvr
95 posters
Go down
freddiem

EC Traineeship March 2018 - Page 10 Empty Re: EC Traineeship March 2018

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:30 pm
dekey wrote:
freddiem wrote:
kateq15 wrote:did anyone apply for taxud or legal services?

Legal service was my first option and I've been already informed last week that I am selected and that I should wait for the official offer from the Traineeship office.  

Freddiem, did  they say you were "selected" or "reserved" by the Legal Service?

Both. First, that I am reserved and secondly, that I am in their final list and I should wait for the official offer.
lili

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:39 pm
dekey wrote:
freddiem wrote:

Legal service was my first option and I've been already informed last week that I am selected and that I should wait for the official offer from the Traineeship office.  

It was my first option as well. Last time I heard from them was the week before Christmas. And they said I was "reserved".

Would that mean they have already "selected" their candidates? If so, bad news for me Neutral

dekey, have you heard anything from them?
lili

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:41 pm
freddiem wrote:
dekey wrote:
freddiem wrote:

Both. First, that I am reserved and secondly, that I am in their final list and I should wait for the official offer.
Oh well. So they have a final list! Bummer.

Anyways, congrats Freddiem!

Last edited by lili on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
freddiem

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:45 pm
lili wrote:
freddiem wrote:
dekey wrote:
freddiem wrote:

Oh well. So they have a final list! Bummer.

Anyways, congrats Fredeiem!

Since you are reserved and no conflict between DG's arises it means probably that you are selected. In any case, we will know only when we receive the official mail from the TO. Since then, we just have to be patient.
dekey

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:47 pm
freddiem wrote:
dekey wrote:
freddiem wrote:

Thanks for your answer. I was contacted by the Legal Service three days after the eligibility results were released, been reserved, but did not hear from them since then. I was told to wait for the official offer from the central TO, but they warned me that they "will do a last check" before sending it. No idea what that means.
dekey

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:52 pm
lili wrote:
dekey wrote:
freddiem wrote:

It was my first option as well. Last time I heard from them was the week before Christmas. And they said I was "reserved".

Would that mean they have already "selected" their candidates? If so, bad news for me Neutral

dekey, have you heard anything from them?

Lili, no, the last email was the confirmation that I had been reserved. Maybe some people dropped out and now they are filling out those empty places.

Anyone reserved by the SJ does already know to which unit would be assigned?

Last edited by dekey on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
lili

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:52 pm
dekey wrote:
freddiem wrote:
dekey wrote:
freddiem wrote:

Thanks for your answer. I was contacted by the Legal Service three days after the eligibility results were released, been reserved, but did not hear from them since then. I was told to wait for the official offer from the central TO, but they warned me that they "will do a last check" before sending it. No idea what that means.
I have my fingers crossed for us still Smile
gerda666

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:07 pm
Inferio wrote:
gerda666 wrote:Hey, guys,

Is there anyone who received any official/unofficial offer from DG COMP? I haven't heard anything from them (incl. no reply/ not even automatic response to a couple of my lobbying e-mails). I am just trying to get a realistic picture of my chances here. Thanks!

DG COMP called me today to confirm my placement. Don't know about the other units tho.

Thank you, Inferio! Smile
lili

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:13 pm
gerda666 wrote:
Inferio wrote:

Is there anyone who received any official/unofficial offer from DG COMP? I haven't heard anything from them (incl. no reply/ not even automatic response to a couple of my lobbying e-mails). I am just trying to get a realistic picture of my chances here. Thanks!

DG COMP called me today to confirm my placement. Don't know about the other units tho.

Gerda666, I've only heard from one DG COMP unit the day after pre-selection results saying that they already have selected their trainee. It was a reply to a lobbying email.

I have therefore given up any hope long ago, but, to be fair, they were actually my third choice (even though I'd be more than happy to be selected).

But yeah, it's unclear of how it works. Theoretically, there is a chance to get selected without the call/interview and find out about that only when the official confirmations are sent out. Sooo.....idk...
gerda666

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:07 pm
lili wrote:
gerda666 wrote:
Inferio wrote:

Gerda666, I've only heard from one DG COMP unit the day after pre-selection results saying that they already have selected their trainee. It was a reply to a lobbying email.

I have therefore given up any hope long ago, but, to be fair, they were actually my third choice (even though I'd be more than happy to be selected).

But yeah, it's unclear of how it works. Theoretically, there is a chance to get selected without the call/interview and find out about that only when the official confirmations are sent out. Sooo.....idk...

Thank you for sharing and encouraging the rest of us, Lili!
I got a call from DG COMP on the day the BB was published. My interview did not go well, so I felt that it was a NO on their part. However, I was not suffering too much, I had other units in mind within the DG and I lobbied but my e-mails did not receive any sort of response anymore. Hence, I was wondering how DG COMP units are handling their decision-making process. However, I see know that it is only a matter of chance to receive an offer. I am not among the preferred choices as they at least unofficially communicate with their first-choice candidates like in Inferio's case (who btw took the unit of my first choice and threw me out of the competition there) Very Happy On this note, congrats @Inferio, I believe you got one of the most exciting spots in DG COMP and hope you enjoy it big time. Smile cheers
lavil

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:58 pm
Hey,
How do you know so much inside information? I got a call in december from an unit and since then...nothing.
I tried to lobby some DGs but I did not get a response, not even an automatic one....
kateq15

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:05 pm
@lavil, then this whole lobbying thing is not true and it does not help at all, if you didnt even get a reply. where did you apply?
kateq15

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:12 pm
btw @freddiem, where did you/do you study? cos so far from what I have seen from this forum from previous topics, it seems that only people from top world unis get into the dg legal services.
lili

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:07 am
kateq15 wrote:@lavil, then this whole lobbying thing is not true and it does not help at all, if you didnt even get a reply. where did you apply?

It does work. But it depends on the Head of Unit. It all comes down to a personal preferences. Some Heads of Unit prefer that people show initiative; it also saves them time going trough all the candidates. If a person is motivated enough to reach out, it is already a good sign for them.

Some prefer making their choices purely based on the application form.

Formally, you are not required to lobby. To be fair, from my experience, if you're not good enough to be selected without lobbying, it will not make any difference. If your application is quite good, it will be picked up.

lili

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:12 am
gerda666 wrote:
lili wrote:
gerda666 wrote:
Inferio wrote:

Thank you for sharing and encouraging the rest of us, Lili!
I got a call from DG COMP on the day the BB was published. My interview did not go well, so I felt that it was a NO on their part. However, I was not suffering too much, I had other units in mind within the DG and I lobbied but my e-mails did not receive any sort of response anymore. Hence, I was wondering how DG COMP units are handling their decision-making process. However, I see know that it is only a matter of chance to receive an offer. I am not among the preferred choices as they at least unofficially communicate with their first-choice candidates like in Inferio's case (who btw took the unit of my first choice and threw me out of the competition there) Very Happy On this note, congrats @Inferio, I believe you got one of the most exciting spots in DG COMP and hope you enjoy it big time. Smile cheers

I hope you will hear from your other preferred DGs! There still is a hope - good luck!
lili

Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:30 am
kateq15 wrote:btw @freddiem, where did you/do you study? cos so far  from what I have seen from this forum from previous topics, it seems that only people from top world unis get into the dg legal services.

I'm not so sure about that. I suppose it all depends on the profile of the candidate. I think to get into BB you have to be quite good. If you are past that stage, what matters more is how fitting you seem for the work of the DG/unit. Everything else is a speculation...

Someone mentioned earlier about the DG COMP - that people with double degrees - both in law and economics - are preferred. Which makes sense.

Also, I'm talking about the legal traineeship now.
Inferio

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:30 pm
lili wrote:
kateq15 wrote:btw @freddiem, where did you/do you study? cos so far  from what I have seen from this forum from previous topics, it seems that only people from top world unis get into the dg legal services.

I'm not so sure about that. I suppose it all depends on the profile of the candidate. I think to get into BB you have to be quite good. If you are past that stage, what matters more is how fitting you seem for the work of the DG/unit. Everything else is a speculation...

Someone mentioned earlier about the DG COMP - that people with double degrees - both in law and economics - are preferred. Which makes sense.

Also, I'm talking about the legal traineeship now.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the quality of universities as a criterion. It is true that I was selected for DG COMP at least partly because I have degrees in both law and economics. On the other hand, the best of the universities where I studied is only something like top 250-300 (I've done exchanges at better ones though). Which is surely the case of most applicants from the eastern and southern part of the EU.

They surely apply some national quota system which influences the choice as well, otherwise people from western and northern member states would take all the places Laughing (In my case, they also mentioned some specifics which make me a suitable candidate but which are also pretty random - I wrote my master's thesis basically on the activity of this very unit, and I speak languages of two smaller member states where they currently lead investigations.)
waitingyes

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:33 pm
Hi!

Does anybody know if receiving a message saying you are on the shortlist of a DG in the Blue Book is a positive thing, the one who called me made it sound very positive Smile just wanted to check it here as well before being too excited.

Thank you!
lili

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:12 am
waitingyes wrote:Hi!

Does anybody know if receiving a message saying you are on the shortlist of a DG in the Blue Book is a positive thing, the one who called me made it sound very positive Smile just wanted to check it here as well before being too excited.

Thank you!

It is a positive thing - it means you're one of the selected. However, bear in mind that only official offer from the Traineeships office confirms that you got the place.

May I ask you when did you receive the call?
yogiyo

EC Traineeship March 2018 - Page 10 Empty Language partner

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:41 am
Hi all,

I am fretting about my language ability and I was wondering if there are any native Frenchies out there who want to practice their English with me from now until March?

I can do Skype evenings and weekends if someone is up for it (no video necessary)

I’m a 25 year old woman and I have impeccable English which I can help you with if necessary ( though that’s unlikely needed!)

Let me know!! Thanks xxx
dekey

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:04 pm
yogiyo wrote:Hi all,

I am fretting about my language ability and I was wondering if there are any native Frenchies out there who want to practice their English with me from now until March?

I can do Skype evenings and weekends if someone is up for it (no video necessary)

I’m a 25 year old woman and I have impeccable English which I can help you with if necessary ( though that’s unlikely needed!)

Let me know!! Thanks xxx

not a french native here, but you can find some useful tandem groups on Facebook. "Tándem in Brussels" is a good one.
Andrea12

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:07 pm
I am also very confused with my status. I received very promising calls in December (even mentioning that I was reserved in the system) but this month I haven't received any calls or confirmations. I even sent an e-mail to the unit that told me they would reserve me but with no response. I guess there is no choice now but to wait until next week and hope for the best...
DanielaT93

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:02 pm
Same here. I was contacted by the EEAS around mid-December, they told me I have been ‘reserved’ and asked me to wait for further communication from the Commission in late January. But it’s not clear if ‘reserved’ means selected, or if the final decision is in the hand of the TO. I guess all we have left is to wait patiently. There are people having other offers pending, though.
kateq15

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:26 am
guys, if any of you gets an offer please notify us on the forum. I am getting way too impatient for the final info. good luck!!!
yogiyo

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:29 am
I heard from the current intern that I should get an offer on 23 but who knows!!!
lili

Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:22 am
yogiyo wrote:I heard from the current intern that I should get an offer on 23 but who knows!!!

I got the same info!
Just 24 hours to go, guys Very Happy Very Happy
vitSvit

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:02 pm
Yes, you can visit the official Traineeship website - https://ec.europa.eu/stages/home_en
Now it says that the results will be announced on the 23rd and the following days.
lavil

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:20 pm
hey,
how can we know how many of us made it to the blue book?
I have read that those of you that got called by a DG were told that they are beeing reserved. I also got a call, but they did not said that. They just wanted to know if I am interested in their unit... what does that mean?
ELV

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:16 pm
I wish all the best to everyone and keep the finger crossed for all of us!
Tomorrow is the day!

kateq15

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:41 pm
lavil wrote:hey,
how can we know how many of us made it to the blue book?
I have read that those of you that got called by a DG were told that they are beeing reserved. I also got a call, but they did not said that. They just wanted to know if I am interested in their unit... what does that mean?

Well, I also got a call and nobody told me I was reserved or anything. They were just "interested". tomorrow we will find out (hopefully)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum