Traineeships in Brussels and Luxemburg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Translation traineeship short-listed

+9
bliebla
carlotta.serrac
newearth
Tango794
dilyanai
berenika
justus
camuchee
translatorwannabe
13 posters
Go down
berenika

Translation traineeship short-listed Empty Translation traineeship short-listed

Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:42 am
Hi!

Two days ago I found out I am shortlisted for EC translation traineeship starting in October 2017. Do somebody know what will happen in June after the eligibility check and the entry to Blue Book?

Thank you!
translatorwannabe

Translation traineeship short-listed Empty Re: Translation traineeship short-listed

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:29 pm
Hi berenika Smile (and all the rest of the potential DGT trainees)
Have you received any news?
berenika

Translation traineeship short-listed Empty Re: Translation traineeship short-listed

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:05 am
Hi translatorwannabe! I haven´t received any news. Have you?
translatorwannabe

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:27 am
Hi berenika,

I received an email a week ago, asking if I was still interested in the traineeship. I had to reply in a very short period of time, so I confirmed the day after. Still, the email explicitly stated that this was not a binding offer and I could only expect one in July. There was no information about being included in the Blue Book. I guess the procedure for the administrators and the translators differs?!

It will be good if anyone who has already been accepted for a translation traineeship, shares their experience.

Hope you hear from them soon!
berenika

Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:07 am
Hi translatorwannabe!

I got the message today stating I´m pre-selected and my application will be included in the Blue Book. It came just at the right time - I´ve already lose hope! Now I have to wait for DGT traineeship coordinator to contact me but only after I receive a written offer, I´m guaranteed a place.

Good luck translatorwannabe and all of you!
camuchee

Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:06 pm
I was pre-selected too. Do you think that we should lobby or since we are applying directly for a traneeship at the DGT, it's unnecessary?
justus

Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:07 pm
Have you got any news? Have you already been contacted by DGT?
camuchee

Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:15 am
I have not been contacted. I hope they contact us even if we are not accepted. Smile
justus

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:08 pm
I also hope that they will contact us anyway Smile And I also hope that they will do it as soon as possible
berenika

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:20 pm
Hello!

Has anyone been offered a place yet?
camuchee

Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:31 am
I haven't received anything. I am thinking of writing to the TO just to confirm that I am not accepted...
dilyanai

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:43 pm
Hey guys, I got an email that they received my documents. It was written that we should know their final decision month to month and a half before the starting date. So don't excpect any news before the end of August Smile
camuchee

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:57 pm
dilyanai wrote:Hey guys, I got an email that they received my documents. It was written that we should know their final decision month to month and a half before the starting date. So don't excpect any news before the end of August Smile

Isn't this about the traineeship in the Parliament? Smile

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:38 pm
Anyone else been selected for DGT traineeship starting in March 2018?
Tango794

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:56 am
I've also received an e-mail 2 days ago, but since I had some Internet issues, I didn't see it until 10pm Thursday, 4 hours after the deadline for conformatio n. I've sent an e-mail, but not sure they will consider me because I missed the deadline Sad
OleSea

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:33 pm
Tango794 wrote:I've also received an e-mail 2 days ago, but since I had some Internet issues, I didn't see it until 10pm Thursday, 4 hours after the deadline for conformatio n. I've sent an e-mail, but not sure they will consider me because I missed the deadline Sad

Hello,

Which confirmation do you mean? Have you recieved the confirmation regarding the pre-selection and the fact that your application will be included in the Blue Book or have you been contacted by DGT traineeship coordinator?

Thank you in advance Cool
newearth

Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:07 pm
Tango794 wrote:I've also received an e-mail 2 days ago, but since I had some Internet issues, I didn't see it until 10pm Thursday, 4 hours after the deadline for conformatio n. I've sent an e-mail, but not sure they will consider me because I missed the deadline Sad

So you received an offer by email? Then I suppose I haven't been selected, as I haven't been contacted yet, is that right? Sad
carlotta.serrac

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:51 pm
Hello everybody!
This is about the session starting March 2018 Smile
I have received a message in my application portal around mid-December stating that my application was included in the Blue Book and that there was no need to contact the DGT at that stage. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Also, could anyone explain what I am supposed to be expecting from now on? This is the first time I apply for a traineeship at the European Commission, I applied for the Translation unit.
Thank you and good luck everyone!

Carlotta
newearth

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:08 am
carlotta.serrac wrote:Hello everybody!
This is about the session starting March 2018 Smile
I have received a message in my application portal around mid-December stating that my application was included in the Blue Book and that there was no need to contact the DGT at that stage. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Also, could anyone explain what I am supposed to be expecting from now on? This is the first time I apply for a traineeship at the European Commission, I applied for the Translation unit.
Thank you and good luck everyone!

Carlotta

I am in your situation, my application was included in the Blue Book and in theory we should be contacted by the end of January regardless of the decision, but given that some have already received an offer I am starting to lose hope...I’m not an expert either about the selection process, though, so I’m not sure whether we should have lobbied or there is some hope anyway, as this traineeship might work differently.
bliebla

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:49 am
Did you guys also receive those emails today from the DGT? I think it is very strange, because I have not been contacted at all since the preselection so I have concluded that I am not selected and still I received this email. I think it is weird that they sent this email to everyone, selected and not selected...
newearth

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:05 pm
bliebla wrote:Did you guys also receive those emails today from the DGT? I think it is very strange, because I have not been contacted at all since the preselection so I have concluded that I am not selected and still I received this email. I think it is weird that they sent this email to everyone, selected and not selected...

I'm sorry, but what is written in this email? I haven't received it yet.
bliebla

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 pm
Sorry for not being clear. It's an email with some links and tips about finding accommodation and saying that it's a good idea for us to create our own communication platform.
newearth

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:21 pm
bliebla wrote:Sorry for not being clear. It's an email with some links and tips about finding accommodation and saying that it's a good idea for us to create our own communication platform.

I understand, thank you for clarifying. Then maybe it wasn't sent to everyone, this probably means that I wasn't selected Crying or Very sad
brrrknstock

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:17 pm
I´ve been preselected and included in the Blue Book as well. I also got this e-mail today, including some accomodation tipps and stuff. However, it stated that the official offers would be send on 23th January, so I still have no idea how serious it is in the moment. It was an e-mail from DGT concerning translators only. Did everyone already got it? If some translators included in the Blue Book did not get it, I would say that we have been chosen, though still not sure about it...
raulm25

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:40 am
Did anyone get any e-mail these days? Be it an offer, rejection, or any kind of update.
Unicorn99

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:08 am
Hi guys Smile

I've also been pre-selected, but haven't received any kind of communication from the DGT.

I've read in other conversations, regarding other types of traineeships, that people got interviewed per e-mail or telephone. Have anyone of you been interviewed or they just don't do it for the translation traineeship?
OleSea

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:41 am
Lars29 wrote:Hi guys Smile

I've also been pre-selected, but haven't received any kind of communication from the DGT.

I've read in other conversations, regarding other types of traineeships, that people got interviewed per e-mail or telephone. Have anyone of you been interviewed or they just don't do it for the translation traineeship?

Hi,
It's my second time when I have been pre-selected. Last year the same situation, people from Administrative traineeships got interviewed, those from translation - nope. Maybe the selection is different.
Let us know when you have an answer.
Good luck Wink
newearth

Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:53 pm
I got an email yesterday informing me that I haven’t been selected, though I had already lost hope. I wish everyone good luck and congratulations to those who were selected! Does anyone know how long we’re going to stay in the Blue Book if not selected? Thank you!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum